End of an Era

Parr8hed

20 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I don't think you can predict the future, just sayin'. 

Why are you done coaching?  It sounds like you are pretty good at it. 

I will no longer have kids at the school.  A few years ago I was asked to be on the board of directors of this running club.  I will stay on the board to stay involved.  I will probably take over a lot more responsibilities with it as well.  The gentleman that I mentioned that started it is a prominent local attorney and really does not have time for the day to day stuff to run it during the season.  He wants to hand most of that off to me.  I think it would not be right to coach a team and be that involved with the operation of the club.   

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Lol, it's cool that you can do this without the school district throwing money at it and messing it all up.

There is a basketball program as well that is separate from the running club.  Parents started it as well.  It's a way to keep kids active that doesn't drain money from the school.  this makes me happy.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I recently had my 50 th class reunion. The class was invited to tour the high school we graduated from. All they showed us and talked about were the wonderful improvements to to football and basketball program. They have a new gym, several of them actually. They talked about how many millions of dollars on each improvement. Pennsylvania doesn't let the taxpayer have any say on how much school tax they want to pay. I would have loved to see what was going on with the classrooms but that wasn't in the tour.  They don't have much in the way of physical education anymore for the average kid, just teams for their superstars. I was not impressed. They have the highest property tax in the area to pay for it all.