Fantastic Friday

Kzoo

No, it is not a fantastic Friday.

Last night, I went to update a playlist on my phone. That's all I wanted to do - put some new music on. It wanted an update. 

The update bricked my phone.

I spent an hour and a half fighting with it, but finally got the update done and the new music loaded.

This morning I find out that I now have to re-pair it with my truck. "Fine, I'll just plug it in and use it in iPod mode and pair it later...."

Stop at the store pick up something for my snack.

Get on Thruway. Notice I need gas - which I could have done at the store, had I been awake enough to notice, but no, now I have to stop again. Okayfine.

Stop, get gas.

Drive another couple of miles.....and the Thruway is a parking lot. Great. 

Navigate through what looks to be a rather amusing accident.

Get to work 20 minutes late. NBD.....but some sonofatbitch stole "my" parking space. ?

Realize that my watch also needs to be re-paired with my phone. ?

Get inside and go to re-pair the watch with the phone and it works ok....until it's time to restore from backup. It wants to connect to the App Store, which I can't do. Cell signal is nonexistent here in the dungeon and wifi won't allow me to connect to the App Store. So now I have a watch that's completely dead and useless until I get home. Which means no fitness tracking, which means my Perfect Month is pooched and my unbroken Move Streak is porked, as well. I also lose the ability to control the music on the phone without taking my phone out - no small consideration when your hands are often dirty. ?

Fortunately it looks like I have something mindless to do today.

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Last night, I went to update a playlist on my phone. That's all I wanted to do - put some new music on. It wanted an update. 

I spent an hour and a half fighting with it, but finally got the update done and the new music loaded.

This morning I find out that I now have to re-pair it with my truck. "Fine, I'll just plug it in and use it in iPod mode and pair it later...."

Get on Thruway. Notice I need gas - which I could have done at the store, had I been awake enough to notice, but no, now I have to stop again. Okayfine.

Stop, get gas.

Get to work 20 minutes late. NBD.....but some sonofatbitch stole "my" parking space. ?

Get inside and go to re-pair the watch with the phone and it works ok....until it's time to restore from backup. It wants to connect to the App Store, which I can't do. Cell signal is nonexistent here in the dungeon and wifi won't allow me to connect to the App Store. So now I have a watch that's completely dead and useless until I get home. Which means no fitness tracking, which means my Perfect Month is pooched and my unbroken Move Streak is porked, as well. I also lose the ability to control the music on the phone without taking my phone out - no small consideration when your hands are often dirty. ?

What a whiny first world problem day you are having, my heart is bleeding here :P 

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Stop, get gas.

So what you are really say (in way too many words) is that your day will most likely get better.  Good for you!

18 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

So what you are really say (in way too many words) is that your day will most likely get better.  Good for you!

I think I need to find someone to take it out on, then all will be ok.

....but there's no one here who I don't like or who deserves it....

2 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I think I need to find someone to take it out on, then all will be ok.

....but there's no one here who I don't like or who deserves it....

Then I would start here with Jsharr and if you still need to get after it then turn to his puppets.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, pedalphile said:

I don't know anything, I'm axing a question.

Everything is closed, even the hotel gyms.  The roads are closed to cars. No taxis.  We could get food if we could get to Gaza or the West Bank.  Pretty tough without transportation.  Funnily enough, there is a group of Chinese tourists they are feeding but they will not feed us.

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, Wilbur said:

Everything is closed, even the hotel gyms.  The roads are closed to cars. No taxis.  We could get food if we could get to Gaza or the West Bank.  Pretty tough without transportation.  Funnily enough, there is a group of Chinese tourists they are feeding but they will not feed us.

Well, that is interesting, thanks.