Dammit 2nd Place

ChrisL

You didn't do the '"suck on a lemon and spit in a can" thing or spend the whole night before in a sauna?  I told you but NO.  Now you have to be happy with the $1000 bucks.  And just to help you feel better because you didn't listen to me - Remember, like Z said the 2nd place winner is really the first loser.

• Heart 1

I use that term all the time, common phrase in the military.  That and it pays to be a winner which is also true in this case.  I was pretty regular leading up to the weigh in so didn't take laxatives and I didn't sauna or such but did limit my fluid intake 24 hours prior.  

I actually typo' d my initial posting in that the winner lost 17 lbs but since her starting weight was much lower than mine I would have needed to have lost another 5 lbs to have beaten her. Not sure if a sauna would have worked....

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I use that term all the time, common phrase in the military.  That and it pays to be a winner which is also true in this case.  I was pretty regular leading up to the weigh in so didn't take laxatives and I didn't sauna or such but did limit my fluid intake 24 hours prior.  

I actually typo' d my initial posting in that the winner lost 17 lbs but since her starting weight was much lower than mine I would have needed to have lost another 5 lbs to have beaten her. Not sure if a sauna would have worked....

I thought I had a great idea for you until I saw the 5 lb. figure...*

https://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/ffacts.html

* see item one on the list in the link.

6 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I can understand how all this would leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

Permit me to ease your disappointment by offering to accept the grand on your behalf so you won't have that reminder haunting you about second place.

;)

If you knew me you would know I hate to lose. I'm glad I lost the weight, glad to see the improvement in my blood glucose and glad to have won a grand.  But dammit......

• Heart 1

I think the trick to winning these kinds of contests is to figure out early who your competition really is.  Then you chat it up with them to find out what their food weaknesses are, and kindly drop a few of those items off at their desks before everyone else arrives in the morning.

And it's not sabotage either.

You'd just simply be giving them a chance to improve their willpower so they would have a greater chance of success.

:whistle:

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I think the trick to winning these kinds of contests is to figure out early who your competition really is.  Then you chat it up with them to find out what their food weaknesses are, and kindly drop a few of those items off at their desks before everyone else arrives in the morning.

And it's not sabotage either.

You'd just simply be giving them a chance to improve their willpower so they would have a greater chance of success.

:whistle:

Oh too funny! OK so every 2 weeks we weigh in and our progress is tracked.  So I knew who was winning and dropped off numerous Snicker bars, candy, cookies, donuts, and a whole pizza on her desk the past few weeks.  It became the office joke, what is Chris going to put on Claudias desk next!

She was really good about it and she gave me a big hug congratulating me today. I'm truly happy for her too.  The funny thing is shes like 5' and kinda round. You really cant tell she lost 17 lbs.... I dropped 4" on my waist and a shirt size.  You can see it on me but not on her.