Jump to content

The boys are going to Mt A tomorrow


Dirtyhip
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Randomguy said:

You will be schralping in your dreams tonight.  

Kinda funny, but I actually did have a mountain bike dream.  

I have not had a mountain bike dream in a while.  I was trying to escape someone chasing me, and my getaway rig was Brutus.  I was totally rippin, and cornering like a champ.  <sigh>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Broke a finger on my left hand. The break is near the knuckle,  I can't grip well at all, at the moment.  

Only a pinky, but make no mistake...it affects everything with bar grip.

Ouch. Sorry to hear. Bike accident? How long you off for?

I hit 3 small black diamond drops a couple weeks ago with this f'd up shoulder. Paid for it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Ouch. Sorry to hear. Bike accident? How long you off for?

I hit 3 small black diamond drops a couple weeks ago with this f'd up shoulder. Paid for it...

I crashed my bike at Mt. Bachelor.  I caught a pedal on a ladder feature that had some dirt erosion.  The board edge on the right was exposed.  I went into the left leaning corner and caught my pedal on the board and it sent me flying. I hit the wooden tabletop and bounced off into the dirt.  Sadly, no footage. 

Usually, I don't pedal as hard into that corner.  I was attempting to catch more air.  It was a bad choice.  I didn't realize how badly the edge had gotten exposed.

This feature is one that I have done 50x before.  No issues.  This time, not so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I crashed my bike at Mt. Bachelor.  I caught a pedal on a ladder feature that had some dirt erosion.  The board edge on the right was exposed.  I went into the left leaning corner and caught my pedal on the board and it sent me flying. I hit the wooden tabletop and bounced off into the dirt.  Sadly, no footage. 

Usually, I don't pedal as hard into that corner.  I was attempting to catch more air.  It was a bad choice.  I didn't realize how badly the edge had gotten exposed.

This feature is one that I have done 50x before.  No issues.  This time, not so much.

Seems to be that way - messing up on the rides we get comfortable with.

Break the finger when you hit the ground?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Seems to be that way - messing up on the rides we get comfortable with.

Break the finger when you hit the ground?

I am not even sure. It was probably due to the force of me getting thrown forward and trying to still hold onto the bike and get it correct.  

I remember striking my pedal, and I tried to correct as I was pushed forward really hard.  The next thing that happened was the front and side of my FF helmet hitting the wood, the wind got knocked out of me and I was flipped off into the dirt off the table. 

My final landing point was off the feature and into the dirt.  Really wish I had the crash on video.  It was pretty extreme.  Actually, I was very lucky.  That table top runs in between some big trees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well if it makes you feel any better I hit this coastal canyon trail that has a little hump I love to do repeats on as it serves two purposes, hill repeats up and work on my twisty descents down.  Did 4 repeats and was pretty toast! Felt good on my tight switchbacks coming down. 

  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...