If I don't see any of you again, it's been fun.

Kirby

I have to bring my cat in to have his teeth cleaned tomorrow morning.  That means I have to take away all his food tonight. I'm not sure I'll survive trying to put him in a carrier tomorrow when he is hungry and mad. I get enough scratches when he's happy. Hope to talk to you all again tomorrow morning!

• Heart 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

1.  stand cat carrier on it's end.

2.  open door.

3.  pick up cat under front shoulders while avoiding hind feet.

4.  position cat above open carrier door.

5.  drop cat, slam door

Don't worry about getting the cat back in the carrier at the vets.  They want to get back in.

This is a waaay better plan than putting some cat food in a container with some small holes punched in it,  taping the top closed, and putting it in the back of the carrier so the cat walks in on his own.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, smudge said:

Good luck, Kirby. We just took our two to the vet for annual shots. That was scary enough!

I do 3 at a time and 2 at another time.  I should make a recording of the trip in the car to the vet.  The trip home however is usually much quieter.

I usually put the cat carriers out the day before so that the cats can acclimate themselves to the scent.  This seems to help some of the anxiety attacks on the actual day of the trip.

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I usually put the cat carriers out the day before so that the cats can acclimate themselves to the scent.  This seems to help some of the anxiety attacks on the actual day of the trip.

Same here. Doesn't help. Our big orange boy still gets so upset he pees in there. Not a spray; scared pee. 

We accept this is how it is, we know they aren't in danger, it's only a couple hours once a year. Get it over with. sigh...

14 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Put kitty on a warm towel. When kitty falls asleep roll up the towel quickly and put in carrier. Worked ONCE for me.

FIFY

I find with cats, you only get ONE shot using a trick or tactic, so you better use it wisely. Sort of like germs & antibiotics - cats adapt FAST.

Tom  

• Heart 2

Kitty is home and relaxing.  My one concern was when and how to undo the bandage on his leg - I didn't think he'd like me doing that.  However, I went out of the room for a few minutes and when I came back he had ripped off the bandage and was happily relaxing on the sunny windowsill.

• Haha 1