Sign in to follow this  
Razors Edge

Interesting, But I Don't Like The Naming Methodology

...in the article.  For one, I think to get to use both her maiden and married name, she should be required to hyphenate it. If she goes with the no-hyphen route, I say we as a society should treat her maiden name as a simply her new middle name. So, in the article below, she would simply be "Laurene Jobs" OR just "Jobs" where only a last name is used.

Billionaire executive Laurene Powell Jobs has agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in Ted Leonsis’ Monumental Sports & Entertainment.

A spokeswoman for Monumental confirmed to The Associated Press that there is an agreement in place with Powell Jobs pending approval from the NBA and NHL. Monumental owns the Washington Wizards, Capitals, Mystics and the Arena Football League’s Washington Valor and Baltimore Brigade.

Powell Jobs, widow of former Apple co-founder and CEO Steve Jobs, is a philanthropist and entrepreneur and president of the Emerson Collective. A spokeswoman for Powell Jobs declined comment.

For what it is worth, this is definitely fake news (probably direct from RT), since everyone knows DC has no Arena team. Heck, they barely have "professional" sports of any sort here. BTW, the Caps will win the Cup this year and Jobs will have been proven to be a sports team buying genius! Unless you factor in that she got snookered on the Arena league nonsense.

Tom

16 hours ago, Ltdskilz said:

Well, as a philanthropist she appears to have chosen worthy recipients of her dead husband's money.

Just so we're clear, dead people can't have money. They're dead. It is her money - free and clear.  

Tom