Neurological check up today

Dirtyhip

7 minutes ago, smudge said:

Last week or so the PNW was chilly, now you're back to heat? Oh boy; hopefully that heat takes a dive south.

Good luck with the appointment. Glad to hear you feel it's not a big deal. Definitely a positive sign! :) 

Nah, weather is great now. The complaints are from the summer heat affecting my ability to push my athletic pursuits. Some of the rides are so long that I have to finish them up in heat. Or like races that I just can't do, because they are in the heat of summer.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Crushing complaints is a rare skill.  I haven't mastered the ability to restrict my complaining yet, but I am working on it.

Yeah, but you get neurological checks all the time.

You must get told "Boy you’ve got some nerve....." at least once a week, no?

• Haha 1

We spent most of the appt. talking about biking, my world domination and young Frankenstein. 

ok, well we did the obligatory eye exam, review of my labs, talked about scary new drugs, he hit my knees with a hammer thing, and slightly scolded me for being a couple months late for new blood test results. He said he is sending strong arm over the hill if I don't provide labs this week. I told him he better send big guys. 

He made a joke when he looked at my optic nerve. I fell for it as my husband and him poked fun at me. My doc said I am one of the very few patients he can really just relax and joke with.  

I complained about the heat and how it messes with my goals. he pretty much just said "oh, you poor baby. You have to just act like a mere mortal in summer" That shut me up. hahaha 

He wants an MRI next year. 

• Heart 1