Can(do) you.....

Zephyr

laugh at yourself when you do stupid things?

I spent at least a full minute trying to clip into my first pedal this morning before it dawned on me that I was still wearing my cleat covers.  :blush:

I pretty much chuckled my whole way to work.

And I recently booked flights and car rentals to attend scheduled meetings only to realize 30 hours later that I booked everything in the entirely wrong city  Oops!  Double :blush::blush:

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I most certainly do :nodhead: On the one day ride across MI, bike club chick and I pulled into the first rest stop and what did I do? Didn't unclip my left pedal and fell left :blink: Of course lots of people around and she snapped a pic :D

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I spent at least a full minute trying to clip into my first pedal this morning before it dawned on me that I was still wearing my cleat covers.  :blush:

I pretty much chuckled my whole way to work.

And I recently booked flights and car rentals to attend scheduled meetings only to realize 30 hours later that I booked everything in the entirely wrong city  Oops!  Double :blush::blush:

Never for a full minute, but definitely have done that before.

And laughing really is the best way to "get over" something that really is just an insignificant misstep. I remember once rolling up to a stop sign that I normally slowly ease through after checking both directions. I looked left - clear, looked right - clear, started inching forward and glanced left - NOT CLEAR. I tapped the brakes (I was only moving a couple miles per hour), but didn't unclip. Rolled over onto my right side still fully attached to the bike. I was laughing almost as soon I started leaning towards the ground. Nothing I could do about it and I wasn't likely to get hurt. Just my ego getting deflated.  Pretty darn funny. Probably chuckled about that for the first 15-20 minutes of that ride. Still makes me smile.

Tom 

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

SPD pedal and cleats.  

That is what I have on my commuter bike.  My road bike has the other ones.  Which is why I wasn't thinking about it.  (my excuse anyway)  It was sunny today, with nothing heavy to take to work so was taking the road bike instead

25 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

went to check the pressure on my seat post.  it was crazy high. I aired it down. 

Then I realized my seat was in the slammed position. Dork!

My seat builds up enormous pressure almost daily.  When I release it I feel much better.  Those around me, not so much.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I usually can and do.  I booked travel on the wrong date once recently.  Not too long ago my sister asked me if I could cut down her ski poles.  I cut the same pole twice ruining the pole.  She laughed it off but I bought her new poles and cut them properly.