Should female reporters be asking NFL players questions about football?

Randomguy

16 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Kind of.  They might otherwise talk about fashion with them, and the frustrations of padded bras.

Thin ice, Man. You are on it. 

Cam was an asshole. This kind of behavior was rude and uncalled for. You have a daughter. Wouldn't you want the best for her, in work life and otherwise?

• Heart 2

37 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Thin ice, Man. You are on it. 

Cam was an asshole. This kind of behavior was rude and uncalled for. You have a daughter. Wouldn't you want the best for her, in work life and otherwise?

What?  Chicks cannot understand football, this has been scientifically proven.  :whistle:

I haven't seen the clip, only read about it and what Cam said.  I think Cam (and football people in general) don't have any respect for any person's questions, comments, or thoughts who hasn't played the game on an organized level for several years.  Guys get the benefit of the doubt by this type, but chicks never do.  Cam has always seemed an giant asshole to me, somebody that would be hard to get along with if things aren't going exactly his way.

That said, why the hell is it that chicks don't understand football?

I coached high school girls from the '80's to the '00's and have great respect for their athletic ability and sports knowledge.

I had an All County fastpitch softball pitcher who could whip a softball over 60 mph and bench press 200 lbs and was also elected to the Homecoming Queen's court. Speaking of which, one year the current Homecoming Queen was my shortstop, the next year's was my catcher and the year after that's was my 3rd baseman. The pitcher got an athletic scholarship to Duke University, the catcher went to and graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy, the 3rd baseman got an academic scholarship to Washington and Lee U. in Virginia.

I coached a cute high jumper in indoor track who was small in the chest but had such a perfectly proportioned, well-toned body - great legs, that when she jumped, the shot put competition, etc. at the other end of the sports hall stopped to watch.

So there's no correlation to athletic women and unattractiveness to men.

And many of them know football. Here, in the press box at Annapolis High School, me and a woman named Judy who was my spotter: identifying who ran, received, tackled, naming plays, determining yards and downs, etc. while I called the play-by-play of the Anne Arundel County Traveling Rec. League 13-and-under Championship Game between our Severna Park Green Hornets - my nephew was DL and TE and her son was DL - and the Andover Apaches. We lost 30-33.

59d7f6c3bef25_OfficialMikeMickeyJudyinAnnap.HighPressbox11_16.14cropped.JPG.f93f36426cb201d37b141d743ef65723.JPG

View from the Annapolis High School Press Box - if you saw the TV feature on Patriot's Coach Bill Belichick visiting his Alma Mater week 1 of the season, this press box was in the background while he was being interviewed about 100 feet from where the play is being run.

59d7f6cc9d751_ViewoutPressBoxWindow1.JPG.526296bea2a6ab30a8eb9ff9c98dea57.JPG

My nephew Ryan - same # as J.J. Watt and he won the league's J.J. Watt Award. He went on as DL and Place Kicker on the JV at Severna Park High School, midway between Baltimore and Annapolis but later chose to focus on Lacrosse.

59d7f6c82cc06_RyanTrophy.JPG.45957ceac8105c00725efdba10700292.JPG