Yum

Randomguy

25 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I never eat gravy. Not even during holiday parties. It never has appealed to me. Everyone else seems to like it. Maybe my taste is strange that way.

Gravy is wonderful stuff, at least it tastes wonderful.  It is odd not to like it, as it seems designed by nature to reel us in.  Fat, meat, and carbohydrates in one superfood rich in taste and calories, what is not to like?

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Gravy is wonderful stuff, at least it tastes wonderful.  It is odd not to like it, as it seems designed by nature to reel us in.  Fat, meat, and carbohydrates in one superfood rich in taste and calories, what is not to like?

Potatoes were invented to make gravy easier to eat. This has the added benefit of making potatoes palatable.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

This has the added benefit of making potatoes palatable.

I have often wondered how people can get so into potatoes.  They are kind of tolerable until you had shit tons of other things to them, deep fry them, anything to change their true nature.  

6 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I have often wondered how people can get so into potatoes.  They are kind of tolerable until you had shit tons of other things to them, deep fry them, anything to change their true nature.  

Potatoes baked in foil in the embers of a campfire with butter and S&P are to die for..  But you are right on the whole.  They are a great vehicle for transporting gravy to your pie hole though..

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

They are kind of tolerable until you had shit tons of other things to them, deep fry them, anything to change their true nature.  

My wife will do that. She adds butter, sour cream, all kind of stuff to her potatoes. People do that with coffee too, add so much crap to it that you can't taste the coffee. I drink my coffee black and my potatoes I sometimes add salt and pepper but I will eat them plain too.

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I never eat gravy. Not even during holiday parties. It never has appealed to me. Everyone else seems to like it. Maybe my taste is strange that way.

I find that weird, as I like gravy. My sister though likes it a lot, she likes it on an industrial scale, I can never make enough gravy if she's at dinner, however much I make is never enough.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

My mom never made potatoes. "Empty starch!"she always used to say.

Theyre kind of a neutral pallet to paint on with other stuff, I guess. (Except Salt Potatoes. But those are drowned in butter - which even makes snails palatable.)