No hockey thread yet?

goldendesign

My teams season opener is also the home opener. All the players we had hurt last season seem to be in good health and ready. Lighting looked pretty good in preseason and we've already played the Panthers in preseason with mixed results.

One of my clients is the owner, Jeff Vinik, he has a sports apparel store up above mine so I see him quite often as he wants to turn it into a chain of stores.

He brought his Royal oak watch for a cleaning and brought me new jerseys for me and the wife. I would have liked tickets but hey, beggars can't be choosers. Or something.

3 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

....Is a thread about hockey, asking why there’s no thread about hockey like “divide by zero”?

I was using it as an excuse to bring up my team and invite others to chime in on their team.

We had back to back games against the Panthers. The rivalry led to both games very heated and exciting. We one the first game 5-3 at home the second was last night at the Panthers. The refs were letting the game go their natural way so quite a few scuffles broke out. The Panthers really put the heat on our goalie by putting almost 50 shots on goal. They also broke out and got three goals in rapid succession in the third period. We managed to get one to bring it to a one point game for tie but even having two power plays in the last 6 minutes of the period we just couldn't capitalize and tie it up.

Very exciting game though. Next up we play the Capitols tomorrow.

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

The Stars lost to the Las Vegas Golden Knights for the home opener.  Fluery is an incredible goalie.  Dallas had to put their back up in as our starter got hit in the head. 

We miss Fleury, but we couldn't afford him anymore, and Murray came and won two Cups. We're stuck with the Dallas buy-out Niemi.

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

They play hockey in Florida?  Huh?  Next thing you'll be telling me is that they play football in Kanada.

you'd be surprised. Tampa is a friendly hockey town. Helps when the team and everyone involved goes out of their way to make everyone enjoy themselves. Vinik is doing a lot to improve our downtown and hosts plenty of events that brings the community together. Tampa Bay people really do support the organizations that believe the fans are the reason their there.

If only someone could explain that to Sternberg and the Rays would have a chance in hell to stay in the area. But that'll be for a Baseball thread next season...

We'll the lightning had one heck of a week. First put Pittsburgh in there place on Monday and another in the W category tonight against the Blues. 

Was at tonight's game with the wifey. Great seats and a really good game! An early anniversary gift from her to me. Whats not to love about a night like this?

Burst_Cover_GIF_Action_20171014214617.gif.5ac993ae0e9ac808fbf96e54d2649e95.gifIMG_20171014_184625.thumb.jpg.273a4f1fb84c98e4e3b0888f4854cff6.jpgIMG_20171014_194315.thumb.jpg.84041f6b4adeb90c0fe37539ff0f6876.jpgIMG_20171014_214406.thumb.jpg.07c6a2db85cd27a307614e854e626ec0.jpg

• Heart 1