Sign in to follow this  
Wilbur

This will become a huge trade war.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bombardier-cseries-boeing-1.4343262

Nearly 300% tariffs on the C-series.  Time to go Canada first and move Bombardier manufacturing out of the US.  There are plenty of skilled workers in Canada, Europe and China. Air Canada should should cancel all Boeing orders and return to Airbus.  Again keeping manufacturing within trade friendly countries. Maybe even sell the C-Series to Airbus but manufacturing remaining primarily in Canada. Canada should cancel F-18 Super Hornet purchase and switch to Eurofighters.  Time to end reliance on the US and cozy up to Russia, China and India as export targets.  Maybe even add Russian fighters into the competition.

Then we can talk about punitive damages to US companies exploiting Canada's resources.  

Has a local implication for the UK, jobs on that 'plane in Belfast. I agree with you though that huge trade wars seem more likely by the day, we are so fubar here in the UK with the Brexit thing, and most of us don't know it yet, or think it's a good thing.

Even the economics experts I heard on the bbc could not see why Boeing even made this protest, given they don't make a 'plane in that class, nor did they bid for the Delta? business.

Coming from the land of the perpetrators of Brexit I am looking forward to some great trade wars particularly if UK is handed a bad thrashing, so I'm not very impressed with this latest ploy by airbus & bombardier. Better would be when there can be no flights between the UK & the EU when we come out without an agreed deal. We are so fubar.