Miles

Further

I’m a slouch, haven’t been riding at all. Been doing a lot of reading and studying and every time it’s nice out I’m out in the kayak because for me that season ends first. Where I kayak if the water is too cold for me to swim a half mile without getting hypothermia I’m not going because nobody else is out there to rescue me. I have never had an issue with my kayaks but there is always a chance.

• Like 1

22.3@17.7. The mom in a family we have been friends with since I was 4 passed away. Memorial was this morning.  They had 9 kids and they are like family. Lots of hugs and catching up well into the afternoon. Was able to sneak in a short ride in the early evening. 

• Like 1

54 miles at 15.1 mph avg. VERY windy. The last 20 miles were flat, with a tailwind, and no trees to block the wind. I went to shift to a higher gear and didn't any one left! I came in 14th overall out of 69 in a segment on Strava and set a bunch of PRs. Seems that the wind was gusting to 35 mph at the time. Fortunately the first half of the ride was when the wind was only 13 mph with gusts to 20 mph plus we were riding in hills and trees.

• Like 1

no miles Saturday, but I walked a lot at the LBS. I sold about eight bikes yesterday. A family came in to get a bike for 13 year old (Specialized Crosstrail), Mom bought a Trek Verve and the 6 year old picked out a Specialized Hotrock. Added racks, Topeak bags and sundry items. Dad got the bill, $2k.

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

no miles Saturday, but I walked a lot at the LBS. I sold about eight bikes yesterday. A family came in to get a bike for 13 year old (Specialized Crosstrail), Mom bought a Trek Verve and the 6 year old picked out a Specialized Hotrock. Added racks, Topeak bags and sundry items. Dad got the bill, $2k.

Father of the year!