Regrets

Airehead

That you had NO control over?  That's a tough one.  

The one regret that I have in life is showing up for the first day of high school football practice and not going through with it.  Played all the way through middle school but I chickened out in high school.

28 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Anyone that has lost a family member or close friend, regrets not being able to share more time with them.

I hate that I didn't spend more time with my parents and that I didn't have a more meaningful relationship with them in their later years.  Of course, this was my own fault and certainly not unavoidable.

I might wish I had been born with a great talent or athletic ability, but you take what you get and make the best of it.  No sense in regretting what you can't control

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

No sense in regretting what you can't control

Yes.  Any regrets I can think of are associated with my own actions or inactions.

Even the things I regret, I probably shouldn't as long as they're something I learned from and ended up a better person.  But it's hard to think that way.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I wish I'd been able to carry my racing career on a bit further.  There simply wasn't enough money in the bank.  You need money to go fast.  You need to go fast to attract sponsor money.  I've watched people mortgage their homes and everything to do the go fast only to have it not last long enough to pull down the sponsor.  I got married and kept the money in the family instead.

• Heart 2