Give us an update on your children

Airehead

#1 son is living on the waterfront in Wilmington, NC. Back in school again. I think he is becoming a professional student.

#2 son is a 1st Sargent down in Georgia. He has become quite the leader, husband, father, family man. He and his wife have four daughters and are expecting their first son in six weeks.

#3 son is living locally, worship leader at our large church, head of missions program for all eight campuses, he and his wife have four daughters and twin sons.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Still missing and assumed stolen.  All the others are doing fine. We shear sheep on Friday, and then take more to the sale barn later in October.

RedHead-017.jpg

Poor Red.  I am sorry.  Sheep make for a lot of souls to take care of.  How many will you sell?

First of all I never consider pets as my children.  They are pets.

Daughter#1 has 4 children of her own that are all doing well.  She is an amazing mom and homeschooler to our grandkids.  Her vision, creativity and organization continue to amaze me.  They live about an hour away

Daughter#2 is a hair stylist at a high end salon in Kalamazoo.  She is my cycling buddy and a marathon runner.  Much of her life centers around running.

Daughter#3 loves working with children and has a job at a pre-school.  She's also a marathoner  She is also an incredible artist.  She also lives in the area.

• Heart 4

Daughter #1 is engaged 

daughter #2 is going to look at a house tonight, hopefully she will put in an offer

daughter #3 graduates from college next April with a masters in healthcare administration. She’s heading to Germany this month for a conference on aging, then San Francisco for another one where she is presenting a study she did on nursing home conditions. 

The boy is living about an hour from me with his girlfriend. Works in IT at a credit union. 

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

First of all I never consider pets as my children.  They are pets.

Daughter#1 has 4 children of her own that are all doing well.  She is an amazing mom and homeschooler to our grandkids.  Her vision, creativity and organization continue to amaze me.  They live about an hour away

Daughter#2 is a hair stylist at a high end salon in Kalamazoo.  She is my cycling buddy and a marathon runner.  Much of her life centers around running.

Daughter#3 loves working with children and has a job at a pre-school.  She's also a marathoner  She is also an incredible artist.  She also lives in the area.

"High end" and Kalamazoo in the same sentence, really?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BuffJim said:

Only daughter almost got hit by a hockey puck Saturday night at a college game. A little disappointed that she didn't get the free puck, a little kid on the row behind us snatched it.

She's a photography major at a local 4 yr college. Thinking of transferring to Empire State University, NY state's online program.

• Heart 2

Daughter 1 is a 2nd year resident, getting hitched next august. She picked a pretty good residency that doesn't totally abuse her like many do. 

Daughter 2 moved oot and is enjoying her new town.  Work as an engineer is going ok

Ruby is also living the dream, snoozing, playing, eating, walking, and more snoozing.  I am very jealous!

• Heart 3

19 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Our loss.

It was a pretty good gain actually.  I gave a local bidness 5.4 million dollars work on an aircraft and made a $5000 personal donation to the guy who did the leatherwork family when he died suddenly of heart issues.  I like most aspects of Kalamazoo.  A lot of good salt of the earth people.  

• Heart 1

43 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It was a pretty good gain actually.  I gave a local bidness 5.4 million dollars work on an aircraft and made a $5000 personal donation to the guy who did the leatherwork family when he died suddenly of heart issues.  I like most aspects of Kalamazoo.  A lot of good salt of the earth people.  

Duncan Avation?

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, 2Far said:

Poot's doing well. AGM of a high end restaurant in one of those live/work/play developments around the corner. Has a steady GF, currently no marrainge plans.

Do2: Working for chain hotel in T-town, bennies, the & whole shabang. And, And, AND, AND:

KAT +1.jpeg

Congratulations Pop-Pop!

I'm glad everybody else kids are doing good. 

Lil Scrapr? How do i say it. He's still finding his way. After getting back from his Euro trip w/us he lost his security job. They said he did not give notice. He says he did. I'm sure he did...as a verbal. He then got on a grocery store. And was terminated a week later. His drug test came back for marijuana. (which is legal in oregon) but against Corp policy. That was a good job and one he could have made a career. The pot is keeping him from applying for some good jobs

So after "looking" for work all summer...no luck. In one of the best job markets ever. He is staying at Grandmas. Grandma gave him an ultimatum. Get a job before the month is out. He got on at Walmart in a week. Hates it. 

I have given him countless leads in construction. No follow up. He has worked casual labor for our company and the Contractor I share an office with. He is a good worker. But is having to learn some hard lessons now. 

Oldest daughter is a talented artist (stipple, oil, pencil), and is married to a wonderful woman, and they have three fantastic children, twin boys and a girl. She also works at Cranbrook Institute in MI. Her wife is a mechanical engineer for the military.

Youngest daughter is an mechanical engineer at a company that makes many of the pistons for the world's automakers. She started there 19 years ago, as a receptionist, and got bored quickly, so they paid her college tuition and promoted her through the ranks. She now manages one of their metrology labs, and is working on a Master's in Engineering Management. She has a son who just got his driver's permit, and her new husband has two daughters, who have been considered a part of the family for almost a decade.

Life is good!

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I hope people don't mind if I talk about grandchildren.  They're fairly accomplished people, so I apologize in advance if it sounds as if I'm exaggerating or bragging...

This is my grandson, who is a vice president at multi-national firm that conducts safety testing for most of the major toy manufacturers.  He's written nearly all of their testing protocols and actively oversees the laboratory work to make sure the tests are properly run:

IMG_2626.JPG.0b1c81c221e6f7c877ba22c6301037e1.JPG

My elder granddaughter, who has her doctorates in animal genetics and continental climate studies.  Here she's collecting data on the adaptation of African large animal species to the temperate North American deciduous forests.

IMG_8226.jpg.ab13292571202eabdeb09d1075f20b24.jpg

My younger granddaughter, who just completed her Masters in Hydrology.  She's known for immersing herself in her work.  In this case she's completing a project on a prototype system to economically transfer torrential rains from weather events like hurricanes to areas of the country where there are water shortages:

IMG_8347.jpg.6fb1bbc95cd41a2194e78632c8c3d8f1.jpg

See, this is exactly the sort of bio's jsharrt should write about his 4 legged children!