Golf! I just love that game.

tybeegb

Well, it's a love/hate relationship.  #2 son couldn't play in this charity tournament yesterday.  He asked me to play in his place.  His friend, who I watched grow up with both of our sons, was paying the tab.  Sure, I said.  I need to practice since I haven't played since April and our golf outing is next month.  Looked like I had never played the game before on some holes.  Looked like I was a low handicapper on others.  My putting was outstanding.  Really.  Saved us a lot of strokes.  But getting to the dance floor was not our team's forte. 

But it was for a good cause:  Folds of Freedom.  Money for the families of war casualties and disabled veterans.  This one tournament raised $31,000.  Last year it ranked in the top 100 in the country.  I need to go buy more golf balls.  :whistle:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, tybeegb said:

Well, it's a love/hate relationship.  #2 son couldn't play in this charity tournament yesterday.  He asked me to play in his place.  His friend, who I watched grow up with both of our sons, was paying the tab.  Sure, I said.  I need to practice since I haven't played since April and our golf outing is next month.  Looked like I had never played the game before on some holes.  Looked like I was a low handicapper on others.  My putting was outstanding.  Really.  Saved us a lot of strokes.  But getting to the dance floor was not our team's forte. 

But it was for a good cause:  Folds of Freedom.  Money for the families of war casualties and disabled veterans.  This one tournament raised $31,000.  Last year it ranked in the top 100 in the country.  I need to go buy more golf balls.  :whistle:

See the caddies at the course.  They usually wander around and find the balls you and everyone else lost.  They sell them very reasonably.

• Heart 1