Another permit battle in my future.

tybeegb

Our front porch needs major repairs.  WofTy says it just needs a few more nails.  If that was the case I would not even bother with a permit.  However, it is way, way worse than that.  The fact that it can easily be seen from the road, and that I have to take it completely down and rebuild it, means I have to go see the Permit Lady, who is not as bad as the last one, but still not something I want to do.  If I don't, and they see me working, I will get another dreaded Stop Work notice and have to report to City Hall and explain what I am doing. 

:angry:

I would suggest a strategy of Divert and Distract.  Start collecting junk cars and old appliances in your front yard.  Park a derelict box truck in front of the porch. 

Then start your work on the porch.  City Hall will get their panties wound up so tight about the junk cars and appliances they will never notice you fixed the porch.  And in the end, collecting and getting rid of the junk will probably only be half the cost of a permit, so you'll be money ahead too.

• Heart 3

7 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Take her coffee and Danish when you go.  Porch is a safety hazard of course must be rebuilt.

But

please don't let it go to smoothly or we wont have anything to read about.  Permit Lady is almost as good as LAJ.

Yes. Your suffering and travails are a great source of amusement to us all. :)

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

if you are repairing it same/same, why would you need a permit at all.  You aren't doing something new, you are repairing.  As long as the size is the same... <shrug>

That's what I said two or three permits ago. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tybeegb said:

WofTy has spoken.  I do not need a permit.  She will pay whatever fine is imposed when they issue the Stop Work order.  I will proceed accordingly.  :runcirclsmiley: 

Yay!!! 

Now which forumite drops a dime on WoTy to watch the drama????  :default_sissy-fight-smiley: