Fawlty Towers or Monty Python? (poll or is it pole?)

Wilbur

Que?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which was your favourite?

• Basil!!!!
    • Silly walk

I don't mean to disparage a good show like Fawlty Towers, but I don't think this is close.

"Socrates scores, got a beautiful cross from Archimedes! The Germans are disputing it!  Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-naturalistic ethics, Kant via the categorical imperative is holding that ontologically it exists only in the imagination, and Marx is claiming it was offside."

that is absolute comic genius right there.  The Flying Circus shows are some of the funniest television that has ever been.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, I don't think any of our contestants this evening have succeeded in encapsulating the intricacies of Proust's masterwork.... so I'm going to award the first prize this evening to the girl with the biggest tits."

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Fawlty Towers as a "series" is quite a fun adventure. "Monty Python" as a whole package is much more "significant", since the movies, shows, and spin-offs of their various careers (like Fawlty) is priceless.

If I had a choice for watching a few hours of TV, I would choose Fawlty.

Tom

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, donkpow said:

While both shows are dated, I prefer Fawlty Towers. I do like the Monty Python movies as the topics are more or less timeless. Still, silly walking persists.

I allus loved a bit of fish slapping, then the beautiful attempt to climb the high street as far as the post office.