Some Gray Area In The Rules

Razors Edge

...for the Metro.

Don't:

- Eat, drink, smoke or litter on Metro vehicles or in  stations. Metro Transit Police issue citations or make arrests to enforce the law.

Riding on the Metro into work the other morning, I heard a man and a woman get into a heated argument. Apparently, the woman was carrying a coffee and some luggage. When the train shifted, the man had to stabilize her in some way, and told her she should not have the coffee on the train and that it was dangerous to people around her. He even said it was against the law and that the police would cite her if they caught her. I didn't see if he was reacting JUST to the cup of coffee OR if he had seen her actually drinking from the coffee. In any case, a five minute argument ensued with neither giving an inch and the rest of us just listening to some morning drama.

People are nuts. But, since I didn't actually see her eating or drinking, I think she was fine and within the rules of Metro and that guy just over-reacted.

Tom 

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...for the Metro.

Riding on the Metro into work the other morning, I heard a man and a woman get into a heated argument. Apparently, the woman was carrying a coffee and some luggage. When the train shifted, the man had to stabilize her in some way, and told her she should not have the coffee on the train and that it was dangerous to people around her. He even said it was against the law and that the police would cite her if they caught her. I didn't see if he was reacting JUST to the cup of coffee OR if he had seen her actually drinking from the coffee. In any case, a five minute argument ensued with neither giving an inch and the rest of us just listening to some morning drama.

People are nuts. But, since I didn't actually see her eating or drinking, I think she was fine and within the rules of Metro and that guy just over-reacted.

Tom 

I suspect he had not yet had his cup of coffee resulting in the argument.

• Heart 1