Why are employment change decisions so difficult?

Wilbur

It's hard because you're lucky enough to have good choices.   If you had no job and were desperate for an income, it would be easy to choose.   If you hated your current job and couldn't wait to leave, it would be easy to choose. But you have a job you generally like with people you mostly like as well.  It has some drawbacks, including some coming changes that may be very negative, but it also has some very nice aspects.  And the possible new job has lots of promising aspects, but it's always hard when you don't know exactly what you're getting into.

But realistically, they're both good options and each is likely to have some nifty aspects and some drawbacks so there is no clear "right" option.   On the plus side, there's also no clear "wrong" option either. :nodhead:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

24 minutes ago, Airehead said:

The airplane issue is big-- your life depends on that.  Otherwise, it has always sounded like you have decent co-workers.  Those are hard to leave.  Have you met the people for the new job, @Wilbur

Yes and they are a very nice younger (40ish) couple.  The airplane is a brand new Bombardier Challenger.  Quite a bit smaller but still capable of non-stops to Europe.   I understand most of the flying will be within North America with lots of NYC and Chicago.  Winter destination is Grand Cayman and they are very heavily into sailing. :) 

Really, there is no reason not to go.. 

• Heart 2

I think Wilbur should take a real good look at this picture:

Challenger%2520650%2520flight%2520deck&k

Notice that it shows the plane flying along way high up in the air, and there's nobody at the controls.  Not even one of those inflatable Otto Pilots!  So how hard can it be to 'pilot' a plane that flies itself?  Talk about getting your money for nothin'!

Looking at those seats, though, I think you will need one of these:

bea1bebf-ff0d-45b0-a751-c7fab971f6c7_1.1

15 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I think Wilbur should take a real good look at this picture:

Challenger%2520650%2520flight%2520deck&k

Notice that it shows the plane flying along way high up in the air, and there's nobody at the controls.  Not even one of those inflatable Otto Pilots!  So how hard can it be to 'pilot' a plane that flies itself?  Talk about getting your money for nothin'!

Looking at those seats, though, I think you will need one of these:

bea1bebf-ff0d-45b0-a751-c7fab971f6c7_1.1

Look at the image on the small screens in front of where the PILOT and COPILOT should be and then look out the windscreen! 

• Heart 1