I laid down the law in my house yesterday

Dirtyhip

IT sort of was like this.

OK,  ....  you are out of school.  You have no tests to study for, and no classes that need your attention.  You work, and I work.  The house is our responsibility, equally.

You will clean your dishes and pick up your mess!  I am no longer covering your end of the chores, because of obligations that prevent you from helping with dishes and house cleaning.  

Since I have been working out more and spending more time on my bike, I can't pick up all this slack anymore and I shouldn't have to.  Until the day that I don't work, then I am happy to do it all.   Until then, here's the sponge.

• Heart 1

Nope.  It was like "We need to talk....:"

I never raised my voice.  

when chicks lead off with "we need to talk..." I can about promise you that most men would prefer you just started yelling

we can tune that out better when the ball game's on

Oh, AND ... there will be more help with cleaning the bathroom, the floors and the appliances.  This will be done on a rotating basis.  

What if he doesn't think they should be cleaned with the same frequency you do.  Do you rotate them on his schedule or yours?  What if he cleans but it's not up to your standards?  Do you say nothing because it was his responsibility or do you point out where you think he failed?

I know you take a lot of pride in the house, will you really be able to step away and just let him handle his part?

What if he doesn't think they should be cleaned with the same frequency you do.  Do you rotate them on his schedule or yours?  What if he cleans but it's not up to your standards?  Do you say nothing because it was his responsibility or do you point out where you think he failed?

I know you take a lot of pride in the house, will you really be able to step away and just let him handle his part?

I am trying to lower my standards so we can agree and just not live like pigs. If the glass doors have streaks, I will just have to let it go.  

I'm at the point that I have to let things go more.  I can't continue to be a slave for a spotless dwelling.  Screw it.  

• Heart 2

So how do you learn to clean if you haven't had formal training in this?  I want the wife to be cleaner and have tried suggesting things, to little avail.  I have even cleaned things up a bit myself, so you know I have gone to great lengths to get my point across!

He knows how to clean.  The man is not stupid.  It may not be at my highest standards, but it's good enough.

• Heart 1

so just to recap here...you laid down the law in a calm and even tone and got your point across regarding household cleaning chores without yelling, cusssing, or making a scene

we're talking side bets here: the line for how long you were screaming at K is at one hour

...and I got 10 bucks on "over"

On a serious note,

WoGolden and I use a schedule for cleaning. Her/I sweep thrice weekly with one wet moping weekly, I wash laundry, she folds; I cook and clean kitchen while she cleans bathroom.

All on a calender with daily tasks to be checked off.

Works wonders. Clean home, no pointing fingers, and no mad rush on Sundays to clean the house.

IT sort of was like this.

OK,  ....  you are out of school.  You have no tests to study for, and no classes that need your attention.  You work, and I work.  The house is our responsibility, equally.

You will clean your dishes and pick up your mess!  I am no longer covering your end of the chores, because of obligations that prevent you from helping with dishes and house cleaning.  

Since I have been working out more and spending more time on my bike, I can't pick up all this slack anymore and I shouldn't have to.  Until the day that I don't work, then I am happy to do it all.   Until then, here's the sponge.

Well that's pretty selfish....... :)

I am trying to lower my standards so we can agree and just not live like pigs. If the glass doors have streaks, I will just have to let it go.  

I'm at the point that I have to let things go more.  I can't continue to be a slave for a spotless dwelling.  Screw it.  It

It will come as a surprise to nobody that I learned to let go a long time ago when it comes to having a spotless dwelling!

so just to recap here...you laid down the law in a calm and even tone and got your point across regarding household cleaning chores without yelling, cusssing, or making a scene

we're talking side bets here: the line for how long you were screaming at K is at one hour

...and I got 10 bucks on "over"

The conversation lasted about 5 minutes.  It was me talking and him listening.  

AT the end of the conversation, K apologized and told me he would try much harder to pick up and clean his messes.

• Heart 1

Buwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

<breath>

Buwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I think he meant it.  He felt pretty guilty when I explained how it was making me feel.  I felt taken advantage of and unappreciated.

When he was in school, I put forth a ton of effort to not have him bothered with these things.  Then, it was NCLEX. Now, he has been working at his job for a few months.  It's time to help out.

• Heart 1