Another observation from the gym.

Wilbur

Chicks train harder.

They do a lot more body weight stuff yet still pump out the free weights.  They do a lot more stretching and coordination drills. They are generally, a lot more athletic and functional than the men.  They are also not wearing clothes stained by protein drinks, powders and bars.  

If you want to be fit and functional, train like a chick.

If you want to be a goon, train like a dude. 

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Chicks train harder.

They do a lot more body weight stuff yet still pump out the free weights.  They do a lot more stretching and coordination drills. They are generally, a lot more athletic and functional than the men.  They are also not wearing clothes stained by protein drinks, powders and bars.  

If you want to be fit and functional, train like a chick.

If you want to be a goon, train like a dude. 

This may be true, I have never watched guys train so I don't know.

• Heart 2

Went to the PF in Ocala yesterday. Quite a few people there at 0800, ages 19-90. Quite a lot of yakking going on, no age restrictions. Quite a lot of working out the play lists, ages 19-39. Got a decent workout, once thru the machines (all different than my ATL machines), Triple flyes, PT exercises, about machine 125 crunches, about 40 minuets on the dreadmill to go over 10k steps. They don't have a decent straight away for some of my PT stuff, just gotta make do.

I actually like the variation in machines, I get a different workout, e.g. the leg curl machine are sitting upright vs lying down on my stomach. It's a different stress on the muscles.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, 2Far said:

Went to the PF in Ocala yesterday. Quite a few people there at 0800, ages 19-90. Quite a lot of yakking going on, no age restrictions. Quite a lot of working out the play lists, ages 19-39. Got a decent workout, once thru the machines (all different than my ATL machines), Triple flyes, PT exercises, about machine 125 crunches, about 40 minuets on the dreadmill to go over 10k steps. They don't have a decent straight away for some of my PT stuff, just gotta make do.

I actually like the variation in machines, I get a different workout, e.g. the leg curl machine are sitting upright vs lying down on my stomach. It's a different stress on the muscles.

I have no idea what you just said but it sounds AWESOME!

I was pizzed the other day because I was trying to swim laps just kicking. My shoulder is getting worse and swimming laps without using your arms is hard work. I got out of the pool and went in the gym.  There were no 25# weights handy near the ab machine I always use so I threw on a couple 35# weights. It felt ok until yesterday. Abs always let you know when you give them a good workout. :wacko: I don't get a very balanced workout with this FU shoulder, leg work mostly, ran some on the dreadmill. My heartrate got a little higher than it used to, I guess kayaking isn't as good cardiac work as running. LOL.

They are refurbing my office, the gym is slated to be closed for 6=-12 months.  Just when most of my rehab is finishing up and i can get back to real workouts.

Now I hear a rumor it may not be included in the new floor plan!  

Still haven't heard if the showers will be closed for any time.  My co workers will not appreciate the bikesweat