Zipp NSW Line-Up

Razors Edge

So, we have the 454 NSW and now the 858.  I can't say, however, that I have seen a pair in the wild yet. Neither in person (and I look at lots of bikes folks are riding) nor in the races I watch (the full season).

So, while I appreciate their look and their seemingly unique technological advantages, I'm hard pressed to really "get" them.  They're definitely fun to look at, but I don't see them rolling on my bike anytime soon.

004_WH_858_NSW_CC_V1_700F_side.jpg.52fe595adbab8f6cc9033ff4894a6efe.jpg003p_WH_454_NSW_CC_V1_700F_side.jpg.b23c896db052aeab98c1d194c9d9cf92.jpg

Tom

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

I have not seen those in the shop yet, but I expect it's just a matter of time.

There is probably some wind tunnel data that says it's more aero or something. The dimpled surface on Zipp rims is supposed to help with aerodynamics, kinda like a golf ball.

Yep - still haven't noticed a pair on any bikes I see out and about, but when rotating, I probably wouldn't notice them as any different from other aero wheels.

Tom 

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Yep - still haven't noticed a pair on any bikes I see out and about, but when rotating, I probably wouldn't notice them as any different from other aero wheels.

Tom 

As high end wheels go, Zipps are among my preferred brands as a wheel mechanic, because they use off the shelf spokes and nipples, not proprietary stuff like Mavics, Fulcrum, etc. etc...