Dr. appt this AM

jsharr

Weight was down 11 lbs

BP was 120/80

Blood sugar was 182 mg/dl.  Will be interesting to see the A1C number that I had let creep up comes in at.

Had to stand on a sensor array in my bare feet and place my hands on sensor panels to scan for neuropathy.  None was found

• Heart 3

13 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Weight was down 11 lbs

BP was 120/80

Blood sugar was 182 mg/dl.  Will be interesting to see the A1C number that I had let creep up comes in at.

Had to stand on a sensor array in my bare feet and place my hands on sensor panels to scan for neuropathy.  None was found

Okay, but how were your results?  

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, donkpow said:

See if you can get some propofol of them. Propofol is the best drug, evah.

They said I had to have an iron lung and a monkey OR a ferris wheel and a pepsi can full of red wine to qualify. All I have is a cup full of sea monkeys and a coke can full of cheap gin.  

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Mine BSA is the Boy Scouts of America.  Did you hear that they announced that girls will now be able to join Cub Scout and Boy Scouts and earn the rank of Eagle?

I saw some rabble rabble about that. Girl scouts were boring. I never made it past Brownie. I was not challenged. it sucked. maybe a different format would work better for non-girly girls.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I saw some rabble rabble about that. Girl scouts were boring. I never made it past Brownie. I was not challenged. it sucked. maybe a different format would work better for non-girly girls.

Mmmm.  Not sure.  When I was a high school senior I was dating a girl who was still in Girl Scouts.  The things she had learned to do were just amazing.

7 hours ago, jsharr said:

Did you hear that they announced that girls will now be able to join Cub Scout and Boy Scouts and earn the rank of Eagle?

I heard about that, along with the reasons for the decision.

The piece in the news contained plenty of information about being sensitive to girls or young ladies who wanted to join the Boy Scouts and how the Scouts were accommodating that.

There was nothing in the piece about being sensitive to the people who were presently involved in Scouting who would prefer the Boy Scouts remain the Boy Scouts and how to accommodate them.  It seemed to me their feelings and wishes were considered less important, if they were even considered at all.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

The piece in the news contained plenty of information about being sensitive to girls or young ladies who wanted to join the Boy Scouts and how the Scouts were accommodating that.

There was nothing in the piece about being sensitive to the people who were presently involved in Scouting who would prefer the Boy Scouts remain the Boy Scouts and how to accommodate them.  It seemed to me their feelings and wishes were considered less important, if they were even considered at all.

The United States is one of the few places for Boy Scouts is only boys. Baden-powell said that the Boy Scouts and Girl Guides was to instill helpfulness happiness and helpfulness in youth. Nowhere in the Boy Scout Charter does it say boys it refers to youth.

Explorer Scouts have been coed for I believe 48 years. Venturing has been coed for 20 years. I do not know how long sea Scouts has been coed.

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Actually, each unit will be free to decide if it wants to accept girls.  Cub Scout Packs can decide to have no girls, an all girl pack and and all boy back or a coed pack with girl dens and boy dens.  The plan for Boy Scouts has not been announced as it has more moving parts.

In most other areas of the world, Scouting is already coed.  At this years National Jamboree, my district shooting sports chair met young women from 7 different countries who attended.  They loved being able to shoot rifles and pistols as they can not do that in their own programs at home.

Cub Scouts is already "family" centered and the entire family is welcome at all Pack events and camp outs.  All Scouting programs in the US have female leadership.  

I will leave you with this quote from the founder of the scouting movement, Lord Baden-Powell

I have over and over again explained that the purpose of the Boy Scout and Girl Guide Movement is to build men and women as citizens endowed with the three H's namely, Health, Happiness and Helpfulness. The man or woman who succeeds in developing these three attributes has secured the main steps to success this Life.