Quote of the day

Dirtyhip

What is Teddy trying to say here?  This was typed on an application for the local Renters Association flyer.  :dontknow:

"Every man owes a part of his time and money to the business or industry in which he is engaged. No man has a moral right to withhold his support from an organization that is striving to improve conditions within his sphere"

T. Roosevelt

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

For you it would be like working on the trails that you like to ride.  A bit of give back.

One gentleman who used this quote also said.  "The grass is not greener on the other side of the street.  It's greener where you water it.".

Agreed. 

15 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I'm thinking the idea is a bit much for a condo association. :)

or some HOA's. 

IMBA is a valid donation.  Squarewheels was a valid donation, and I guess a Slumlord Association is useful too.  They give me updated and legally vetted forms, and I can write off the costs. 

30 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

or some HOA's. 

IMBA is a valid donation.  Squarewheels was a valid donation, and I guess a Slumlord Association is useful too.  They give me updated and legally vetted forms, and I can write off the costs. 

So what you are saying is you can buy your way out of responsibility. Is that about it?

16 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Time, talent and treasure.  You are in control of how you use all three.  He is telling you to use them where they will benefit not only you, but all within your sphere.  Or at least that is my take on it.

What the guy from the housing authority is saying is everyone should help him. It's the moral thing to do.

39 minutes ago, donkpow said:

What the guy from the housing authority is saying is everyone should help him. It's the moral thing to do.

you help us, we help you...I guess.

I'll join in 2018. We hope to knot make any more money, at least in the eyes of IRS, for 2017. No funds from the next few paychecks.  haha