Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Dirtyhip

Quote of the day

Recommended Posts

What is Teddy trying to say here?  This was typed on an application for the local Renters Association flyer.  :dontknow:

"Every man owes a part of his time and money to the business or industry in which he is engaged. No man has a moral right to withhold his support from an organization that is striving to improve conditions within his sphere"

T. Roosevelt

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, donkpow said:

Looks like he is saying that a person should support things that are trying to do good.

So pay your dues to the local renters association, local trail association and local MS society, local ice cream enthusiast membership and  ...

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For you it would be like working on the trails that you like to ride.  A bit of give back.

 

One gentleman who used this quote also said.  "The grass is not greener on the other side of the street.  It's greener where you water it.".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

For you it would be like working on the trails that you like to ride.  A bit of give back.

 

One gentleman who used this quote also said.  "The grass is not greener on the other side of the street.  It's greener where you water it.".

Agreed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

So pay your dues to the local renters association, local trail association and local MS society, local ice cream enthusiast membership and  ...

:)

I'm thinking the idea is a bit much for a condo association. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I'm thinking the idea is a bit much for a condo association. :)

or some HOA's. 

IMBA is a valid donation.  Squarewheels was a valid donation, and I guess a Slumlord Association is useful too.  They give me updated and legally vetted forms, and I can write off the costs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time, talent and treasure.  You are in control of how you use all three.  He is telling you to use them where they will benefit not only you, but all within your sphere.  Or at least that is my take on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

or some HOA's. 

IMBA is a valid donation.  Squarewheels was a valid donation, and I guess a Slumlord Association is useful too.  They give me updated and legally vetted forms, and I can write off the costs. 

So what you are saying is you can buy your way out of responsibility. Is that about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Time, talent and treasure.  You are in control of how you use all three.  He is telling you to use them where they will benefit not only you, but all within your sphere.  Or at least that is my take on it.

What the guy from the housing authority is saying is everyone should help him. It's the moral thing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, donkpow said:

What the guy from the housing authority is saying is everyone should help him. It's the moral thing to do.

you help us, we help you...I guess.

I'll join in 2018. We hope to knot make any more money, at least in the eyes of IRS, for 2017. No funds from the next few paychecks.  haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×