NSV (Non Scale Victories)

BuffJim

Started an extremely low carb diet Sep 25th. I have not tasted beer since the 24th - only scotch and red wine.

My NSV is that my blood sugar was 87 an hour and a half after lunch. For comparison my afternoon blood sugar scores a few months ago were 178,159, 130, 131,143 with the same medicine.

That's a radical change. I may even stop taking one of my diabetes medicines.

I was also down 11 pounds in two weeks and will check again tomorrow or Saturday.

Any NSV's for you?

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Relating to changes brought about by diet, that don't reflect on the scale. Mine is reduced blood sugar. 

You skinny minny's have no idea what us full figured types endure.

Just curious what shape you were in at the end of your coast to coast trip? What did you eat on the trip? Those miles had to change the way your body functions.

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Just curious what shape you were in at the end of your coast to coast trip? What did you eat on the trip? Those miles had to change the way your body functions.

I started at 242 and finished at around 225. I injured my knee on the last mile - believe it or not, and quickly gained the weight back.

Daily ice cream and beer along the way prevented me from losing more than 17 pounds - all of which I lost in the first 3 weeks.

• Heart 1