Friday the 13th weekend plans.

bikeman564™

Date night tonight

Saturday - work during the day. Good friend has an extra ticket the the Nebraska/tOSU game tomorrow night. Hoping for the best, but could be ugly....

Sunday - Hope for an early afternoon ride, then photo session with a young couple in the golden hour...

23 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I took a vacation day today, have a few to use up.  Also because some bike club peeps and I are going on a night spooky, perhaps haunted ride :blink: to Seven Gables Road :frantics:. Then tomorrow and Sunday  more riding.

HOW ON EARTH DOES THAT HAPPEN?????? It is October, and you have spare vacation sitting in your bucket? I am more than a little jealous (assuming you get like 10 weeks a year of vacation) or I am scratching my head at how you haven't chewed through your vacation balance already.

Tom

Just now, Razors Edge said:

HOW ON EARTH DOES THAT HAPPEN?????? It is October, and you have spare vacation sitting in your bucket? I am more than a little jealous (assuming you get like 10 weeks a year of vacation) or I am scratching my head at how you haven't chewed through your vacation balance already.

Tom

I get 4 weeks, took a couple weeks off in the summer for riding and various other things. I have three more to use.

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

I get 4 weeks, took a couple weeks off in the summer for riding and various other things. I have three more to use.

We can offer suggestions.  Certainly more entertaining or adventuresome than a "take a Friday the 13th day off" sort of thing.

Which do you prefer - warm or cold weather? Adventure or relaxing? Sun & fun or snow & skiing? New frontiers or old friends?

Tom

2 granddaughters are coming for the weekend.  I have work to do on the bathroom remodel.  I an making a new door to WoKzoo specs.  We can't just put back the one that was there.  She wants me to retrofit an old door she found at a salvage store.  It is cool but it needs squared up and I have to figure out the best way to make it thick enough for an interior door.  The new door frame I built is ready to install.

On Saturday we have our annual August birthdays family birthday party.  WoKzoo doesn't have an August birthday but several of us do.  She feels that late September or October is a great time to celebrate for the 3 of us that do.

Weather is supposed to be crappy all weekend.  No riding planned.

No plans tonight, something with wife and son while they're in town. Son drives back to Ohio Sunday. Wife hasn't told me when she's leaving. Son interviewed for a job here yesterday (Thursday). He will hear next week if he has a new job. Wife visited a local quilt shop, they want to check references and have her make a demo quilt.

Saturday morning group ride from the LBS at 7:15. Start work at 9:45, store closes at 6:00. Dinner, beer and bed. One more Saturday night.

Sunday morning ride. Not sure what else the day will bring. 

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

We can offer suggestions.  Certainly more entertaining or adventuresome than a "take a Friday the 13th day off" sort of thing.

Which do you prefer - warm or cold weather? Adventure or relaxing? Sun & fun or snow & skiing? New frontiers or old friends?

Tom

warmer is my preference :) 

Going to a snowmobile club meeting for work in the morning. Will leave from there to go to Syracuse and visit our secretary who is in hospital after having a stroke a few weeks ago. Have to pick WoZack up at the airport around 2. Come home and make up for lost time while she was away:humping: