Bike commuting without a shower?

12string

Renovations at the office, the locker rooms will be gone for 6 months at least.

I can ride on the colder days without working up a sweat (If I can control myself)

Anyone else have ideas on bike commuting when there's no shower available?

They are also closing the gym for up to a year.  i'm gonna be such a slug!

20 hours ago, 12string said:

Anyone else have ideas on bike commuting when there's no shower available?

How far are we talking and how much sweat are we looking at?

Baby wipes and the change of clothes are no brainers.  But also slowing down for the final 10 minutes or so of the ride helps as it lets the body start to cool itself. We're out of humid summer temps, so I'd think you would be good with just the baby wipes, a normal towel, and a change of clothes.

Tom

On 10/13/2017 at 1:35 PM, Square Wheels said:

Baby wipes?

I used those for years and they work really well. At my previous location we didn't have showers so I'd change in my office and baby wipes did the trick. It was only tough during the summer when I'd sweat a lot. My morning commute was between 20/25 miles and I'm a bit of a hammer head so I was always sweaty. Even in that scenario they worked well; I just took a towel with me to dry the sweat off and used baby wipes to freshen up. 

8 hours ago, 12string said:

It's only about 5 miles, I COULD ride it without breaking a sweat, but I find it hard to do anything at less than 110%.

Definitely change of clothes, winter months require specific riding gear anyway.

Unless you're riding in the heat you'll be ok; or you could just walk it. I like to walk and have a 4-5mph pace when I do it for exercise.