The afternoon the forum died

Kzoo

Just now, Square Wheels said:

If I practice 25 or 6 to 4 for the next 5 years, and do nothing else, I could never be that good.

But it's not like they covered the original in their own style.  They just copied Chicago to the nth degree.  I think I'd rather listen to the original rather than someone aping the original.  

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

But it's not like they covered the original in their own style.  They just copied Chicago to the nth degree.  I think I'd rather listen to the original rather than someone aping the original.  

I go back on forth with that.  I often like when people interpret the original with their own style, but this is so spot on, that I absolutely love it.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I go back on forth with that.  I often like when people interpret the original with their own style, but this is so spot on, that I absolutely love it.

We used to have a local band here, Bill Deal and the Rhondels, that hired some horn players and copied the Chicago sound to near perfection.  I loved to go listen and dance to them at their VB nightclub.  It wasn't Chicago, but the sound was HUGE.  I have to admit that after listening to them, going home and listening to Chicago on vinyl was a little disappointing.  :D

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

Still not working for me....... sorry.

I keep seeing American Bandstand.  "It's got a good beat.  You can dance to it."

I can't remember the name of the nightclub, but it was a large facility catering to adults trying to make it with other adults.  Large dance floor right in front of the band.  Even if you didn't get lucky, the music was well worth the cover charge.  :)