Does Anyone Here Watch This Old House

Razors Edge

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This Old House is still on?  I hated Bob Vila.  Noam was good though. 

Looks like it is now Kevin O'Connor, Roger Cook, Tom Silva, and Richard Leary Trethewey, and it is a combination of TOH and Ask TOH to make a TOH Hour.  Still a bazillion times better than any show on HGTV.

Tom

• Heart 3

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Looks like it is now Kevin O'Connor, Roger Cook, Tom Silva, and Richard Leary, and it is a combination of TOH and Ask TOH to make a TOH Hour.  Still a bazillion times better than any show on HGTV.

Tom

I've caught that ask TOH a few times and it is pretty good.  I always liked TOm Silva and that plumber guy, something like Rich Cathouie?  Isn;t he still on it?

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/history-old-house

Oops - Trethewy.  His dad started on the show.

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I've caught that ask TOH a few times and it is pretty good.  I always liked TOm Silva and that plumber guy, something like Rich Cathouie?  Isn;t he still on it?

Apparently, his name is Richard Trethewey.  Seems like he has marbles in his mouth. But, yep, he is still on.

Tom

We DVR it and watch it all the time. If HoSmudge could hang with those guys, he'd be in heaven.

Bob Vila just seemed too commercial. My mom doesn't care for Norm's looks. We basically shame her out of our house when she does that; we love Norm!!

Woodwright Shop. sigh.. He is amazing with all of those hand tools, and my husband loves that show too. I don't know. I'm not sure if it's the silly guy or the hours upon hours it takes to make that stuff the years-ago way; it stresses me out. Then I feel bad 'cuz I know when built with those techniques, that furniture can last generations. :(

6 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

And now I have some show called "The Woodwright's Shop" and how to make a carved oak desk box.

Tom

I love to watch Roy. He is the real deal, and a funny guy, can't stop making stupid puns. He works extremely fast so as to show more techniques, and often screws up, just blows it off and says well you get the idea. And his hands prove that he does the work. 

• Heart 1