What did you do to improve your fitness today?

Wilbur

I topped my step count goal for the day but I really didn't do anything in particular.  It's saturday and I went out with womaxx to do a bit of shopping.  Old Navy had some excellent wicking t's on sale for $5.  The rain finally cleared tonight so maybe some hiking for tomorrow.

Next week is rapidly filling up with eye doctor appointments and auto service appointments in preparation for winter.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

Went for a hike in a pretty park across the river from West Point with my sister and a local alumni club.  There were a few people older than I was, but a lot who looked like they just graduated.  I managed to finish the hike wthout the recent graduates having to carry me back to the car. :nodhead:

The smoke in the second pic is from the cannons celebrating that Army just scored (they won the game 28-27)

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

:slow-dance-smiley::slow-dance-smiley::slow-dance-smiley::slow-dance-smiley::slow-dance-smiley:

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Kirby said:

Went for a hike in a pretty park across the river from West Point with my sister and a local alumni club.  There were a few people older than I was, but a lot who looked like they just graduated.  I managed to finish the hike wthout the recent graduates having to carry me back to the car. :nodhead:

The smoke in the second pic is from the cannons celebrating that Army just scored (they won the game 28-27)

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

I remember coming up there when I was very young (under 10) to visit my cousin who attended West Point.  Specifically I remember the Bear Mountain Bridge which as an open grating bridge terrified me.  That was probably the beginning of my dislike of high places with edges.  There is a lot of beautiful country to look at though .

• Heart 1

16 miles, 53 minutes, 18 avg. worked at the LBS and walked about 7 miles. We were slow at first but then sales picked up. I sold a good number of bikes and stuff. I'm delivering a hybrid to a senior citizen today because it wouldn't fit in his car without taking the wheels off and he is not able to put them back on at home. He lives next to the bike trail and his Hyundai Veloster will not accommodate a bike rack.

i sold another bike to a 34 year old teacher who looked at it earlier and came back ten minutes after we closed. We let her in and she decided she really really wants it and didn't know we had closed. Getting her information I realized she is the daughter of someone I worked with at the credit union. I know her Mom, aunts and some cousins. Small world. After she left, I went back to drinking beer.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Did 15 km on the bike. That's my two way commute to the bike shop.

I don't normally work there on Saturdays, but they were short staffed because they had a booth at the one day bike show ( more of a blowout sale ) in Toronto.

At least you didn't have to work the show. :)   I find the fall show depressing.  Everyone is clearing out the inventory they couldn't sell, much at cost and just for enough cash flow to keep the shops open through the dead winter months. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

At least you didn't have to work the show. :)   I find the fall show depressing.  Everyone is clearing out the inventory they couldn't sell, much at cost and just for enough cash flow to keep the shops open through the dead winter months. 

Mostly true, but they were pushing some new stock too. I was under the gun to get ten wheel sets built for the show.

I got 'er done too.

• Heart 1