Video for RR

Ralphie

I used to travel to LA for my job a lot.  My wife went with me for one trip back in 86.  She wanted to go see the Tonight Show.  We had no idea who was on that night, she just wanted to be in the audience.  So we went and got in a very long line for tickets.  Other people in front of us told us we would never get tickets, we were too far back.  Just a few minutes later, out of nowhere, a guy is walking toward us coming from where the front of the line was.  He walks up to us with a huge smile on his face and hands us two tickets.  Says he got two extra tickets to give to the two people at the back of the line.  Amazing!  :o

Then we found out Dolly, Emmylou and Linda were going to be on.  Quite a step up from the usual animal acts of the day!   :) :) :)

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I used to travel to LA for my job a lot.  My wife went with me for one trip back in 86.  She wanted to go see the Tonight Show.  We had no idea who was on that night, she just wanted to be in the audience.  So we went and got in a very long line for tickets.  Other people in front of us told us we would never get tickets, we were too far back.  Just a few minutes later, out of nowhere, a guy is walking toward us coming from where the front of the line was.  He walks up to us with a huge smile on his face and hands us two tickets.  Says he got two extra tickets to give to the two people at the back of the line.  Amazing!  :o

Then we found out Dolly, Emmylou and Linda were going to be on.  Quite a step up from the usual animal acts of the day!   :) :) :)

Wow!  So it was fate that you got to see Linda. :)  Very cool!

I would have guessed that you told your wife you wanted to see her and she was like "Oh, you DO, do you?"  :D

Emmylou is no slouch either. :)

• Heart 1

• 4 years later...