Random Snippits from Today's Ride

ChrisL

Rode on the road with Wife of Chrisl. Great ride, beautiful day but dayum some wackos out on bikes today.

First got another a hole make a snide comment about my retro Bianchi Jersey. Bianchi, shhhhhh yeah right... ?!?!?

Another dude riding in a pack passed me while riding 2 abreast. Dude bumps me and a reaction from my crit racer days I flicked him into his buddy and the both almost ate sheot.  Dude started to say something and I yelled, who the fuck passes a rider while riding 2 abreast and bumps him? You don't have shit to say to me.  And he shut up and moved along.

The last one was best. Shortly after the bumping incident I let the group past but there were two riders hanging off the back. One rider kept swerving 6' into the lane even though there is a well defined bike lane.  I said to my wife wow that person is going to get killed doing that. Shortly after saying that the rider did it again, swerved well into the car lane.  Well they hit a red light and we catch up on them and swervy rider, an Asian female is going ballistic on Asain mail, presumably her husband in their language.  My guess is she was telling him,  don't tell me how to ride you know it all SOB  I know what the F I'm doing....   My wife and I are about 5' behind them chuckling and when the light turns green swervy Asian lady decides to drop hubby so drops it in her 34 X 28 gear and is spinning 120 RPM's head down elbows out and hardly moving..... 

I honestly didn't know what to do at that point, pass the debacle that is Asian lady flailing about husband utterly dejected or pass.  We hang back for a minute and haul aas around them.

Roadies, my god they are a strange lot....

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I avoid other riders. I have heard most cyclists have the plague.

I've been riding the road a little more lately as my wife won't ride solo and she's building her miles up again.  I really have mixed feelings about riding the road so much.  Yeah I'm riding and gaining good fitness but damn it's on the road...

• Heart 1

The only time I see roadies where I live is when MS ride comes through or a couple local charity rides. Once in awhile I'll see someone when I'm in my car but almost never when I'm on my bike. I did see two touring cyclists one day at the end of summer. I posted about that. I don't do the MS rides anymore but I do the other rides and all the riders are cool.

39 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The only time I see roadies where I live is when MS ride comes through or a couple local charity rides. Once in awhile I'll see someone when I'm in my car but almost never when I'm on my bike. I did see two touring cyclists one day at the end of summer. I posted about that. I don't do the MS rides anymore but I do the other rides and all the riders are cool.

I probably came across 200 riders today.  SoCal is a riding hotbed and we were riding on highly travelled roads for cyclists.  We get everything from packs of 20+ to solo riders.  Nearly everyone we see, including swervy lady were on high end road bikes & Lyra.

This time of year we see everything from pros to newbs on our roads.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I probably came across 200 riders today.  SoCal is a riding hotbed and we were riding on highly travelled roads for cyclists.  We get everything from packs of 20+ to solo riders.  Nearly everyone we see, including swervy lady were on high end road bikes & Lyra.

This time of year we see everything from pros to newbs on our roads.

I did a ride around the lake in the state park near me yesterday. I saw about a dozen riders going the other direction during the twelve mile ride. I didn't see anyone going my direction so if they were there we must have been going about the same speed. That was on a paved bike trail. Everyone seems to haul their bikes out there to ride.

10 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Rode on the road with Wife of Chrisl. Great ride, beautiful day but dayum some wackos out on bikes today.

First got another a hole make a snide comment about my retro Bianchi Jersey. Bianchi, shhhhhh yeah right... ?!?!?

Another dude riding in a pack passed me while riding 2 abreast. Dude bumps me and a reaction from my crit racer days I flicked him into his buddy and the both almost ate sheot.  Dude started to say something and I yelled, who the fuck passes a rider while riding 2 abreast and bumps him? You don't have shit to say to me.  And he shut up and moved along.

Roadies, my god they are a strange lot....

Love it. You sound cool. I wanna ride with you. :hapydance:. Ha!!

• Heart 2

13 hours ago, ChrisL said:

The roadie scene is very snobbish out here. Beanz used to lament on it often and he wasn't exxagerating.  Roadies are dicks out here.

I honestly would have thought your OP was a Beanz post, but there was no photo of his wife.  Otherwise, spot-on impersonation.

Tom

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, donkpow said:

If I wanted to see riders, I would go on the trail. If I go out into the country, I may run across one or two. In the city, there are quite a number of riders. Everything from homeless people to roadies.

And drug sealers. Don't forget the drug dealers.

Tom

• Heart 1

If I see a cyclist around here, I probably know them.

We are getting a decent amount of tourism now.  Some of the tourists are very nice.  Some of them are not so great.  One tourist dubbed one of our prized riding zones "Shit Mountain" on Strava.  The stuck a nerve with many of us.  Like, don't come to the desert and expect it not be a a desert.  They are from Ashland, and complained that the dirt was too dry and the sun was too hot.  Seriously?  

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

If I see a cyclist around here, I probably know them.

We are getting a decent amount of tourism now.  Some of the tourists are very nice.  Some of them are not so great.  One tourist dubbed one of our prized riding zones "Shit Mountain" on Strava.  The stuck a nerve with many of us.  Like, don't come to the desert and expect it not be a a desert.  They are from Ashland, and complained that the dirt was too dry and the sun was too hot.  Seriously?  

I'll bet he complains about cold ice cream too. Ugh....

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I honestly would have thought your OP was a Beanz post, but there was no photo of his wife.  Otherwise, spot-on impersonation.

Tom

Whatchu talking bout Willis?  A Beanz thread almost always has a gripe about people drafting and then passing them.  Or someone disparaging him or his bike so he had to crush them. 

I was just cruising with the missus trying to  enjoy the ride and the weather.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Whatchu talking bout Willis?  A Beanz thread almost always has a gripe about people drafting and then passing them.  Or someone disparaging him or his bike so he had to crush them. 

Don't forget the braggin about him picking fights with random people. 

10 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I need to see a video clip to get to the bottom of this story.

Tom

Just now, ChrisL said:

One thing I'll never do is video a road ride. Although you guys would've enjoyed swervy Asian ladies spin out. 

So what you are saying is "Screw you, SWForum folks!"

Darn right we would enjoy the crazy Asian lady. If I remember, Beanz would even give us Slo-Mo of ladies riding towards him.

Tom

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So what you are saying is "Screw you, SWForum folks!"

Darn right we would enjoy the crazy Asian lady. If I remember, Beanz would even give us Slo-Mo of ladies riding towards him.

Tom

OK tell you what.  You send me a GoPro and ill shoot you some video.  Ill even cruise the beach so you can have video of bikini babes.  However I refuse to ride SART every weekend so the imagery will be different.

I guess somebody has to take over for Beanz.

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

OK tell you what.  You send me a GoPro and ill shoot you some video.  Ill even cruise the beach so you can have video of bikini babes.  However I refuse to ride SART every weekend so the imagery will be different.

I guess somebody has to take over for Beanz.

get out and win one. That is where I got my hero black, last summer. Gravicross 2018 at Bachelor.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, donkpow said:

What's the point of winning prizes if you have to do something. I call that a job.

Enter the right category and age group, and you win something just by showing up at the line. At your age, you can probably take the top step of the podium!

Tom