So, who watched the Pats game yesterday?

Square Wheels

Haven't seen much at all this season, but I did happen to see the play in question, and I can't see how that was ruled a fumble and possession to NE.  I had to double check to see if there was a green Jets logo on the field - such a call might go that way in Foxboro but not NJ.

signed, 

another Pats fan

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Football, like baseball (basketball, hockey, etc.), begins (and ends) with the Championship game/series. I'll tune in for the Super Bowl.

Tom

I haven't watched a full game of any type for the last couple years, not even the Superbowl.  I used to be a big fan and would watch all sports, and waste much of my weekends.  Just doesn't interest me anymore.  I'd rather watch Jeopardy!   :)

I watched it.  I saw the fumble TD touchback play.  The Jets got robbed.

Also, The Cowboys still suck.  Last year was just an abberation to give Jerry Jones hope and to keep the suckage going for years to come*

*until Jerry kicks the bucket and his family sells the team to a rich owner that will hire a GM and a coach instead of a cadre of yes men.

57 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I watched it.  I saw the fumble TD touchback play.  The Jets got robbed.

Also, The Cowboys still suck.  Last year was just an abberation to give Jerry Jones hope and to keep the suckage going for years to come*

*until Jerry kicks the bucket and his family sells the team to a rich owner that will hire a GM and a coach instead of a cadre of yes men.

As someone once said about Jerry: ''I feel sorry for the poor guy who is going to buy the Dallas Cowboys. It's a no-win situation for him, because if he wins, well, so what, they've won through the years, and if he loses, which seems likely because they're having troubles, he'll be known to the world as a loser.''

''I could have bought an N.F.L. team,'' he continued. ''There were three or four available - that still are available, including, of course, the Dallas Cowboys.

''I could have bought an N.F.L. club for $40 million or $50 million, but it's established and you would just see it move laterally. Not enough to create there.''

But the Generals, he thought, were different. The league is in its infancy and could even be profitable - given that the less than $10 million he bought it for could help build a team that, he hopes, could challenge the N.F.L., and thereby be worth in the neighborhood of $50 million.

''I feel sorry for the poor guy who is going to buy the Dallas Cowboys. It's a no-win situation for him, because if he wins, well, so what, they've won through the years, and if he loses, which seems likely because they're having troubles, he'll be known to the world as a loser.''

#fakenews!

Super Bowl championships (5)
1971 (VI), 1977 (XII), 1992 (XXVII), 1993 (XXVIII), 1995 (XXX)

Tom

Edited by Razors Edge
  • Heart 1