Healing the broken finger

Dirtyhip

My grip is still not right.  I tried to go out for a schralp with my love, last weekend.  As I attempted my usual lines, the jarring was too much to handle.  I felt just slightly out of control.  

Healing this broken bone thing is proving to be more difficult than i though.  Like, I figured, "OK, 6 weeks and then I am ready to go again."  

Nope.  Nope.  Nope.

It's your pinky.  Tape it up and move on.  Talking to a 14 yo girl at church yesterday.  Her fingers were taped.  I ask what happened.  She broke her pinkie a couple weeks ago playing volleyball.  2 pieces of tape and she is back to playing volleyball.

I had this picture in my head that you were tougher that you are letting on. 

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

It's your pinky.  Tape it up and move on.  Talking to a 14 yo girl at church yesterday.  Her fingers were taped.  I ask what happened.  She broke her pinkie a couple weeks ago playing volleyball.  2 pieces of tape and she is back to playing volleyball.

Wow.  Snap.  All that.

9 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

When I hit a bump and have pain, it makes me consider the damage that I am doing.  Osteoarthritis is a valid concern for me.

I am not concerned about impressing you.  I am working on my long game here.  Another week and I hope the pain will stabilize.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

Healing seems to take forever. I totally hear ya on that. And I totally agree on getting it to heal properly. 

That little girl had a volleyball injury; volleyball hit pinkie. Tape is fine. DH f'in crashed! Broke her finger in two places! Totally different injury. 

Heal well, sister!

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Volleyball is different in that you don't have to grip anything to play.  Yeah it hurts if you are a setter but otherwise you can play with damaged fingers.  

When I jacked the index & middle fingers in a crash I had a hard time gripping the bar as well and couldn't shift or brake for sheot.  I skipped cross season that year and just rode on the roadie as it took a good 2 months for me to regain proper grip strength.

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Volleyball is different in that you don't have to grip anything to play.  Yeah it hurts if you are a setter but otherwise you can play with damaged fingers.  

When I jacked the index & middle fingers in a crash I had a hard time gripping the bar as well and couldn't shift or brake for sheot.  I skipped cross season that year and just rode on the roadie as it took a good 2 months for me to regain proper grip strength.

You're not helping here Jack!

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Are we sure it is broken and not all in her head? Anybody see the x-ray? Something about this whole story seems hinky.

Tom

yeah, like I would willingly miss the end of my season with a lift ticket pass, an entire month early. And, right during the time I got manuals down. No way Jose.

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

The break was down at the knuckle. 

I would punch @Kzoo, but I don't need a boxing fracture on my right hand.

My knuckle head son missed 2 months of baseball season his Jr year punching a wall after his team blew a lead in the bottom of the 7th (Only play 7 innings) it took him that long for the bones to heal and regain strength and he was 16 at the time.

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Healing seems to take forever. I totally hear ya on that. And I totally agree on getting it to heal properly. 

That little girl had a volleyball injury; volleyball hit pinkie. Tape is fine. DH f'in crashed! Broke her finger in two places! Totally different injury. 

Heal well, sister!

I think total healing of injuries is a youngster game.  I have old injuries that I thought my body was done with come back and haunt me at times.  Muscular recovery takes longer, but bones and joints don't take the damage as well at all.

How is your knee coming along, btw?

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I think total healing of injuries is a youngster game.  I have old injuries that I thought my body was done with come back and haunt me at times.  Muscular recovery takes longer, but bones and joints don't take the damage as well at all.

How is your knee coming along, btw?

The knee seems stable.  There are still adhesions under the skin near the bursae.  Touching my skin there lends a different type of feeling than it does on the clean leg.  Sadly, the right leg will probably never be what it was.  

I think the finger thing is difficult, because of that knuckle.