Ride Videos? Yea or Nay?

Razors Edge

The more I ride (and age), the more I think rolling video might be a good idea. Not from a "check this out" perspective, but from a "this might help in an investigation or in a criminal or civil trial" sort of way.

Where are folks headed here? I've done the "record a ride" thing, and, for almost every one of my rides, it is WAY TO MUCH FREAKIN' EFFORT. Has anyone edited two or three hours of video trying to find a couple of minutes of interesting shots? It sucks.

Tom

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

The more I ride (and age), the more I think rolling video might be a good idea. Not from a "check this out" perspective, but from a "this might help in an investigation or in a criminal or civil trial" sort of way.

Where are folks headed here? I've done the "record a ride" thing, and, for almost every one of my rides, it is WAY TO MUCH FREAKIN' EFFORT. Has anyone edited two or three hours of video trying to find a couple of minutes of interesting shots? It sucks.

Tom

yup. This is why you fools get to see very little if my schralp time. The editing and downloading takes a long while. Although, I do wish I was rolling when I crashed and broke myself. The scene would have been like...jump and clear a table top, come in hard to the corner, major load slamming sound as my foot clips the board, then a fast close-up of the wooden boards on the ladder, and then some sky and then soft powdery dirt with a poof. Then, me groaning and trying to talk.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Tom

Nearly everyone on a motorcycle these days has them for the reason you note but not many roadies.  Its more of a schralper thing.  

It doesn't seem worthwhile to me but apparently you miss the bouncing bikini babes in slow mo...

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

yup. This is why you fools get to see very little if my schralp time. The editing and downloading takes a long while. Although, I do wish I was rolling when I crashed and broke myself. The scene would have been like...jump and clear a table top, come in hard to the corner, major load slamming sound as my foot clips the board, then a fast close-up of the wooden boards on the ladder, and then some sky and then soft powdery dirt with a poof. Then, me groaning and trying to talk.

Somewhere there is a video of me in the ring with another dude duking it out in training.  He nearly knocked my ass out with a stiff right.  I remember watching the video and thinking the video did not do the punch justice.  My knees buckling was legit though!

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I love the play-by-play. Well explained!! (Still chuckling. Good job)

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Tom

Yeah, I've got a bunch of ride videos on yootoob. They were fun to do, and I may do more in the future, but these days, I'm much too busy.

• Heart 1