I got back in the saddle.

airinpie

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Something is wrong with your bike fit.

Tom

Well not necessarily.  She rode longer and farther than ever before.  There is a bit of lady bit conditioning that needs to happen too.

A few years ago when building up miles for my century my arse would get sore after 40 miles, then after a while i could do 60 before it would bother me and after a while longer i could go 80.  It was still sore after the century.

1 minute ago, airinpie said:

I meant to post the ride pic. Lol. I've tasted 12 beers....

All that crap on the trail is one reason I've had to ride more on the road lately. Leaves aren't so bad, but branches and random green seeds/nuts (walnuts???) are a huge PITA!

Tom 

8 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

So I was away.  Your century went well?

Went well. I finished in 7 hours (8 if you include stops). Felt good. It was cool outside so that helped a lot. At this point I don't know if I'll do another, but I'm glad I got it done

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, airinpie said:

I was thinking it would suck to get hit in the head with one. 

I have one patch I go through pretty regularly. The trail is full of them. I should probably clean them all off the trail but since I'm probably the only person who rides there, I'll just ride the path I have made with my previous trips.

22 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

A few years ago when building up miles for my century my arse would get sore after 40 miles, then after a while i could do 60 before it would bother me and after a while longer i could go 80.  It was still sore after the century.

At what point does your ass become totally numb forever?

1 minute ago, donkpow said:

I've got a couple of issues I am trying to adapt to. It's difficult because I have to concentrate on maintaining the new form. It's not so much about maintaining a new form as it is about not allowing myself to get out of form as compensation for the injury.

I have lots of physical issues.  I gave up worrying about form a long time ago.  I'm just happy if I can get in a decent ride without hurting myself.  :nodhead:

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

32 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I like to roll over them so that they shoot out the side like bullets. Puchew! Puchew!

I rode through a gravel alley on the way home on Friday.  My tire chucked a rock at some guy.  He was leaning against a building and the rock hit the building right next to him.  It surprised both of us.  HAHA

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I rode through a gravel alley on the way home on Friday.  My tire chucked a rock at some guy.  He was leaning against a building and the rock hit the building right next to him.  It surprised both of us.  HAHA

I always worry that someone in a nice car passes me, a rock shoots out from under my tire, the rock hits his car, and he turns around and kills me.