So I was thinking the other day...

Randomguy

I realized that the evolution of internet delivery technologies lined up pretty well with technological evolution of the bike industry.

First, we had steel bikes with friction shifting, and that is the way everyone liked it, dagnabit!  Suddenly, dial-up internet access shows up, right at the same time indexed shifting done on the hoods and clipless pedals do.  Monstrous leaps, eh?  

Then aluminum frames start to take over in profusion, as does DSLtechnology.  Pretty soon, it is ubiquitous carbon frames and broadband access joining together and getting all handsy.

Or I could have my timeline all wrong.  These are the things I think about sometimes.

12 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Or I could have my timeline all wrong.  

Largely the case. 

Look clipless pedals were introduced in the 1986 Tour de France, well before the internet.  

As a young pup in 1987, I got my first aluminum frame bike.  Vitus.  Still have it.

Index shifting came along in the early '90's.  

Anyhow, if nothing else, you boosted your post count by 1.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

Largely the case. 

Look clipless pedals were introduced in the 1986 Tour de France, well before the internet.  

As a young pup in 1987, I got my first aluminum frame bike.  Vitus.  Still have it.

Index shifting came along in the early '90's.  

Anyhow, if nothing else, you boosted your post count by 1.

I meant wide use of, not introduction of.  And I thought you went to "paying attention to stuff" school while you were away, now I am all sad.

Any Glen news we should know about?  Where the hell did you disappear to, anyway, and why?