Grrrr....., KIDS!

Zephyr

I am too young for gray hair.  So far today two of my three kids have been, or are on their way to the hospital.  D#1 who works at the aquarium had a 33lbs box of frozen fish fall off a shelf onto her and her boss.  She is now on her way to the hospital to see if her forearm is broken.  D2 who is working at a butcher shop, drove a very sharp butchering knife into the palm of her had today for a trip to the hospital and numerous stitches.  

I have already texted kid 3 (S1) to make sure he drives home safely tonight.  Oh me nerves!!

• Heart 1
  • Sad 3

Both appear to be fine.  Daughter 1's arm is not broken :skipping: just severely bruised.  Her boss who was under the pile with her hurt her elbow and was getting checked out as well

Daughter 2 is a total badass.  Stuck a knife in her hand cutting up half a cow, and had to see if it went out the back of her hand.  (It didn't) wrapped it up herself and drove herself to the hospital where she got stitched up.  Then went back to work and finished her shift. Her big thing, 4th time with stitches, first time in North America. :hapydance:

• Heart 4

2 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Both appear to be fine.  Daughter 1's arm is not broken :skipping: just severely bruised.  Her boss who was under the pile with her hurt her elbow and was getting checked out as well

Daughter 2 is a total badass.  Stuck a knife in her hand cutting up half a cow, and had to see if it went out the back of her hand.  (It didn't) wrapped it up herself and drove herself to the hospital where she got stitched up.  Then went back to work and finished her shift. Her big thing, 4th time with stitches, first time in North America. :hapydance:

I could be a bad ass. Except for the part about stabbing myself.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

D2 who is working at a butcher shop... 

Stuck a knife in her hand cutting up half a cow, and had to see if it went out the back of her hand.  (It didn't) wrapped it up herself and drove herself to the hospital where she got stitched up.  Then went back to work and finished her shift.

She sounds like the type of lady you would want to invite to carve the turkey at Thanksgiving

but you would never want to complain about her doing it wrong.

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, goldendesign said:

Glad to hear they pulled out of each their situations safely.

WoGolden really really hopes our daughter doesn't take after me in regards to personal safely. I'm always slicing, stabbing, jabbing and bruising things on myself

In my mid 30’s I went through a stage of frequent cut injuries.  I decided after about the 10 th one, it wasn’t going to happen again.  I have been pretty much cut free since. :)  I don’t take the chances I once did.  

13 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Funny that you say that.  We just got a 1/2 cow from a processing place in Indiana.  It was a small town deal.  Probably 20 people working there, the majority were young women probably around high school age.  I remember remarking to my wife how odd that seemed to me.

38 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Funny that you say that.  We just got a 1/2 cow from a processing place in Indiana.  It was a small town deal.  Probably 20 people working there, the majority were young women probably around high school age.  I remember remarking to my wife how odd that seemed to me.

I know, weird, right?  I think the only thing keeping her from doing it as a full time gig is that they do the slaughter right there and she finds the animals when they are still in large chucks awfully heavy to lug around

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I know, weird, right?  I think the only thing keeping her from doing it as a full time gig is that they do the slaughter right there and she finds the animals when they are still in large chucks awfully heavy to lug around

Interesting...my partner's son runs a butcher and sandwich shop in Toronto. 

• Heart 1