Sunday adventure

Parsnip Totin Jack

I know it's only Tuesday but I'm planning to celebrate the return of bachelorhood and venture out on Sunday. I'm driving up to Breezewood PA to ride the abandoned PA Turnpike trail and maybe hit the Western MD rail trail in Hancock MD on the way back. Take the scenic drive back thru Winchester and Purcellville on the way home. Good beer in Purcellville, Adroit Theory, Corcoran Jacks Run, and Belly Love are all in town.

• Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

So...west of Hancock on the Western MD trail...half way to the trail end...(where the trail ends near the C & O) there is a cooler filled with  water bottles :nodhead:....If not for that farm...I would have dehydrated to powder right there on the trail!!

Lol, I remember that. I bought six bottles of water from that cooler. That was a hot ride, the rain cooled it off a short time later.

3 hours ago, Old#7 said:

I know it's only Tuesday but I'm planning to celebrate the return of bachelorhood and venture out on Sunday. I'm driving up to Breezewood PA to ride the abandoned PA Turnpike trail and maybe hit the Western MD rail trail in Hancock MD on the way back. Take the scenic drive back thru Winchester and Purcellville on the way home. Good beer in Purcellville, Adroit Theory, Corcoran Jacks Run, and Belly Love are all in town.

I've only ridden the C&O from Williamsport to DC. Is that stretch to the west better covered on the Wester MD trail or is it essentially the same as the C&O, just with its own name for that bit? 

Tom

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I've only ridden the C&O from Williamsport to DC. Is that stretch to the west better covered on the Wester MD trail or is it essentially the same as the C&O, just with its own name for that bit? 

Tom

The WMRT parallels the C&O canal from Pearre Station to Fort Frederick (22.5 miles). It offers a welcome respite from the C&O as it's paved asphalt vs rock and rut. I haven't ridden it before , just aware that it's there. Going exploring Sunday. I'll take pics.

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

The WMRT parallels the C&O canal from Pearre Station to Fort Frederick (22.5 miles). It offers a welcome respite from the C&O as it's paved asphalt vs rock and rut. I haven't ridden it before , just aware that it's there. Going exploring Sunday. I'll take pics.

:runcirclsmiley::cheerleader:

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Wife and son were in town for his birthday last week. Son drove back to Ohio on Sunday, wife is driving back Wednesday or Friday depending on a quilt shop here in Fairfax. If they have quilts for her to work on she's staying until Friday, if not,  leaving tomorrow. I've been living alone in a one bedroom condo for a year. Their arrival has thrown my routines into disarray. Within a day of arriving, my wife has moved furniture and changed the dynamics here. I look forward to being a bachelor again.

What did she change?

3 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Played country music where it didn't exist before. Moved chairs and tables around. Imported cardboard boxes of crap from Ohio.

Country is bad for the soul.  Why did she move things when everytthing was finely ordered just so?

I am still a little burnt out on wings, I hope it passes.