RG May Agree

Razors Edge

...with my assessment.  Here it goes: I was doing my thing in the kitchen Sunday evening - ie making a soup for Mon/Tues meals, straightening up afterwards, and getting the coffee maker set up for Monday morning. That is usually a good time to throw on a football game as background noise, and I had on the Sunday night one.  Anyway, the theme song came on and it was Carrie Underwood singing the tune (she replaced Hank Williams Jr at some point?), and I thought to myself, "Why the f@#* do they have a country music theme song???"

Anyway, is it just because country music fans need to be pandered to so they don't get their panties in a wad? 

Tom

I just assumed it was the demographic they were going for.  Either CM fans are very high on the demo who watches so they want to pander to them, or they are very low on the demo of who watches so they want to capture the audience.

Or is it because the Cowboys are "America's Team'?

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

...with my assessment.  Here it goes: I was doing my thing in the kitchen Sunday evening - ie making a soup for Mon/Tues meals, straightening up afterwards, and getting the coffee maker set up for Monday morning. That is usually a good time to throw on a football game as background noise, and I had on the Sunday night one.  Anyway, the theme song came on and it was Carrie Underwood singing the tune (she replaced Hank Williams Jr at some point?), and I thought to myself, "Why the f@#* do they have a country music theme song???"

Anyway, is it just because country music fans need to be pandered to so they don't get their panties in a wad? 

Tom

Yes. 

You gotta wave a flag and play country music or the middle america rubes get all butthurt.  I think the advertisers have determined that that particular demographic buys the most trucks and cheap beer, so they roll with that.  They probably figure that most folks tune out country music anyway, at least we try to.