Essential oils

Airehead

I may regret this but I am going to try it anyway.... Do any of you use essential oils for health and/or wellness?  Do you use an infused?  I have been infusing lavender and cypress and it is really helping me sleep. Or it is a placebo effect, but I sleep four straight hours last night.   Is SuzyQ gone?

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

I may regret this but I am going to try it anyway.... Do any of you use essential oils for health and/or wellness?  Do you use an infused?  I have been infusing lavender and cypress and it is really helping me sleep. Or it is a placebo effect, but I sleep four straight hours last night.   Is SuzyQ gone?

I picked up oil based perfume when I was in Istanbul.  Does that count?  I also infuse olive oil with pepper corns, garlic, rosemary and lemon rind for grilling.  A full tummy helps me sleep. :)  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Wilbur said:

I picked up oil based perfume when I was in Istanbul.  Does that count?  I also infuse olive oil with pepper corns, garlic, rosemary and lemon rind for grilling.  A full tummy helps me sleep. :)  

Yep it counts. 

bike club chick has all kinds of blends for various things. I was skeptical to try any (as was she) but I tried two. Don't ask me what's in them although I can find out. She made me one for pain, which I use on my ankles, for I sometimes have a dull ache that no Doc can figure out, and the oil seems to help. And I tried her head ache blend and it also worked. I'm a believer :D I have thought about the placebo effect, but she's been using them for a while and says they help a lot. If you're looking for anything specific let me know.

• Heart 2

Me cheapness helps me sleep.  I take glucosamine and chondroitin. One time I was in a store and saw they had Move Free joint health night time formula (with melatonin ) marked down on clearance to $3 a bottle. I figured what the heck, I don’t need help sleeping but that’s a deal. Those suckers knock me out and I sleep all night. I dream all night too but don’t know if they cause that?

• Heart 1

I don't really use them, but my sister does and she often gives me birthday or Christmas gifts that involve essential oils (oils that are distilled with steam or water).  I'm just not consistent enough using them to see if they have any beneficial effect for me, but I do find certain scents (not necessarily essential oils) can have a positive effect on me or my mood.

5 hours ago, shotgun said:

My daughter is in to Young Living essential oils big time. We use them too, but not to the extent she does. Lavender in a diffuser at night is our main thing, but plenty others.

Lavender really seems to be working for me.

I am 100% convinced that these "essential oils" are at very least a placebo and more likely a well orchestrated scam.  When I busted up my ankle, a PT friend insisted I use lemongrass oil to heal the ligament, and charged me $13 for a couple ounces of the stuff.  And gave me the non-compliant speech if I didn't smell like lemons.  My ankle is healed.  But I also drank a bunch of beer during the process, so I've deduced beer is essential for healing ligaments.

I do prefer cooking with the lemongrass.  Gonna try infusing some vodka with it.

• Heart 1

On 10/17/2017 at 7:54 PM, Airehead said:

we use the calm, frankincense and merth mix in a defuser around our house. The Wife uses peppermint in her tea and coffee, but I have been using CBD oils for inflammation. I know CBD oils are not essential oils, but technically it is an oil and essential to my inflammation in my hands.. :)

I also use a mix of orange blossoms and patchouli for a nice uplifting smell in my jeep and on my hoodies.. drive this wimps crazy! 

• Heart 1