I Think Handwritten Birthday Wishes

Razors Edge

...would really add that little something extra to this joint. Maybe SW will collect some addresses and start surprising us with a card in the mail on our birthdays, forum anniversaries, other life events (retirement!), etc., and really give this place a homey feel.

Tom

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

image.png.825877c94ef0aa01167b238d17bbdfac.png

We're getting somewhere now! Sure, that's a lot of cutting and gluing, but what else does SW have on his plate? And presumably, he could customize it with different colors, fonts, and nicknames.  But it really is the "made by hand", "made with love" sort of touch that is what I am suggesting.

Tom

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We're getting somewhere now! Sure, that's a lot of cutting and gluing, but what else does SW have on his plate? And presumably, he could customize it with different colors, fonts, and nicknames.  But it really is the "made by hand", "made with love" sort of touch that is what I am suggesting.

Tom

Right-click this image to save.

Just now, Kirby said:

Although I like the homey touch, I'd hate to think of birthdaybot losing his job.

Birthdaybot could still handle the heavy lifting of posting here! It is the simpler, but classy action of a handwritten note that SW could handle. Nothing too mushy, just a neat "Happy Birthday, Asshat" sort of thing (as suggested above), handwritten on a card or stationary, and dropped in the mail a week ahead of time (or maybe a couple of months for the folks in far off places like the UK or Canada).

Tom

The warm friendly personal message you get from Welcome Bot and the annual heartfelt birthday wish from Birthday Bot should be more than enough touchy feely crap to get you through the year.  It's worthless ideas like this that waste valuable electrons that are going to keep you tagged as a n00b.  Toughen up buttercup.

Although I recognize I could be wrong here, I'd like @F_in Ray Of Sunshine's opinion on this first.

27 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

The warm friendly personal message you get from Welcome Bot and the annual heartfelt birthday wish from Birthday Bot should be more than enough touchy feely crap to get you through the year.  It's worthless ideas like this that waste valuable electrons that are going to keep you tagged as a n00b.  Toughen up buttercup.

Although I recognize I could be wrong here, I'd like @F_in Ray Of Sunshine's opinion on this first.

I'm here to spice this joint up! Sometimes you have to throw it all at the wall and see what sticks.

Tom

On 2017-10-18 at 10:31 AM, Razors Edge said:

...would really add that little something extra to this joint. Maybe SW will collect some addresses and start surprising us with a card in the mail on our birthdays, forum anniversaries, other life events (retirement!), etc., and really give this place a homey feel.

Tom

My father passed away a year and a half ago.  I received a really nice card from SW in the mail.  I was touched and it helped at a tough time.  SW is a good man. 

• Heart 3

On 10/18/2017 at 10:31 AM, Razors Edge said:

Maybe SW will collect some addresses and start surprising us with a card in the mail on our birthdays, forum anniversaries, other life events (retirement!), etc.,

This is one of the perks and privileges you gain with your Paid Premium Square Wheels Forum Membership. 

That, along with discounts at major hotel chains, rental car companies, cell phone companies, on-line bicycle businesses, participating micro-breweries across the country, plus free shipping on any As-Seen-On-TV merchandise, plus the opportunity to redeem Double Jsharr Potato Points at the Square Wheels Forum Emporium all make a membership an exceedingly wise expenditure.

• Heart 1