Wilbur, did you make a decision...

Green Grass

27 minutes ago, Redfacedwalrus said:

One day I'd like to be mentioned without a basement in the same breath. I am more than the place I am shackled to. Um, #NotAllSlaves, okay?

He has been a little out of sorts lately.  We just sorta figured you escaped.  That or "Stockholm Syndrome" finally kicked in.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

It sure looks like he flew the coop.

But in which plane is the question???????????  Does his pilot's need for speed outweigh the pay and benefits of the new job in a much slower aircraft?  (Note-- but still fast enough to be nonstop to Europe.)

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Ah. I see Wilbur posted the theme song from 'The Jeffersons'.

So is he starting his new job in acting or running a dry cleaning business?  :scratchhead:

8 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Yes

I've heard that if you'd ever flown with him you could understand how he might have both.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I have been second guessing the decision

The 60% raise your current employer offered was probably about the same as the rate he would have had to pay to hire a contract pilot until he found your replacement. 

And that's exactly what he would have been doing - shopping for your replacement - while you were flying around at the new higher rate.  He had no intention of paying you long term at that rate because, as Goat pointed out, he obviously didn't think you were worth that.  As soon as he found a cheaper full time pilot you would have gotten your 14 day notice and been out in the street. 

Without the offer that you just accepted.

So, in effect, once your present employer offered you the 60% raise, you were out the door one way or the other You made a decision to leave on your own terms, with the situation fully under your control, and with the future rolling out according to your plan.

Don't look back.  Start looking ahead to all the positives you foresaw in the job.  While you don't have to be all Pollyanna about the decision, you can have faith in yourself and trust your own judgment.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

32 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Me too because I have been second guessing the decision since I made it.  

Change is always difficult, and it's  tempting to want to stay with what you know.  But there were good reasons you decided to make the change, and traditional wisdom is that you don't accept a counter-offer from your current employer.

• Heart 1