What famous people have you seen while flying?

Road Runner

Going though airports and such?

I was right behind a blond haired, bald guy pulling his bag through Hartsfield International.  Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be Terry Bradshaw.

I was once almost run over by three men leaving a restroom (airport, I can't remember) in lockstep.  The guy in the middle was Henry Kissinger. 

Waiting for a van to take me to my rental car at Logan International, Celtics star Robert Parrish was waiting right next to me.

A few others were supposedly in first class on flights I was on in coach, but I can't remember who they were.  I'm old.   :)

Who was the Good Morning America guy back in the 70's & 80's  David some such... I was in Reagan National picking up my sister in 1987.  I was in Class B uniform waiting in the terminal area. He walked by but made a bee line for me, shook my hand and kept going through the terminal. 

• Heart 1

I flew to LA from Vancouver one time with the skinny blonde dude who was at the time on "House"  He's really small.

I was all like "Great, if this plane crashes, all the news coverage will be about him dying and none of them will even mention me and what a "kind of a big deal" I am(was).  

We were getting into Montreal for the 1982 Baseball all star game and this guy backed up and stepped on my moms foot.  He turned and apologized and she just told him to be more careful.  It was George Brett.  Dad pretended he didn't know her

• Heart 2

27 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Going though airports and such?

Early to mid '90's: 

Jim McMahon - former bad boy QB of the Chicago Bears.

O. J. Simpson - famous butcher.

Sat in first class with Robert Crandall, then the Chairman of American Airlines.  He brought his own cocktail concoction for the flight attendant to pour for him.  He had two manhattan's.  We talked a little.

Around 2000 +:

Sat in first class with Dr. Andrew Weil.  Talked a lot.  3 1/2 hour trip.

Stood in TSA line immediately ahead of Al Franken, probably MSP airport.  He was a miserable little shit.  Long, slow line.  He snorts a lot.

Had a drink in the Dallas Admiral's Club with Fran Drescher and her assistant.  

Sat next to Karrie Webb (pro golfer) in first class.  Had no idea until when getting off the flight a guy I was with told me who she was.  I had never heard of her.  I don't follow women's golf.  

There's probably others.  I've flown a lot since the mid-90's.

• Heart 1

Flying out of Baltimore, John Waters was next to us at the check in. Hard to miss him or misidentify him.

Flying out of Nice, we were standing by the private entry/exit area, and the Edge came in with a small entourage and a lot of luggage.  He stood with us for quite a while and I didn't pester him. I probably should have, but I'm not fan of being a fan.

Tom

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Al Franken seems to be one of the few decent politicians out there.

Franken is certainly one funny politician. Comedians are often pretty good with political issues. Usually they're more "mainstream" than the left or right. I would have let George Carlin run a committee or two.

Tom

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I use to have little to no respect for you RG.  Now I have even less than that.  :)

Meh, keeps getting elected, seems to actually care about constituents, reasonably intelligent, all good stuff you don't see much in politicians.  Also seems a decent human being, at least in public, and that is certainly rare.

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Franken is certainly one funny politician. Comedians are often pretty good with political issues. Usually they're more "mainstream" than the left or right. I would have let George Carlin run a committee or two.

Tom

A little Carlin influence, or Henry Rollins, would benefit the country greatly.

Not flying, but met Sydney Crosby on a ferry.  It was late on a Sunday on the Ferry from Prince Edward Island.  Him and another guy who turned out to be Jack Johnson.  My then 11 year old son wanted an autograph so went and got one.  A little while later Jared was being all stoic and I asked what was wrong.  He said he didn't talk to Crosby, and he wanted to talk to him.  I looked over and Johnson and Crosby were chatting up a couple smokin' hotties  I shrugged and said "Go ahead"  Jared walked over and Crosby saw this kid out of the corner of his eye and held out his hand for the paper and pen.  Jared just stood there.  Cros looked and him and realized it was the same kid who had been over a few minutes before.  Jared stuck his hand out and said "I watched the whole World Jrs when you guys won and that was awesome.  Crosby shook his hand and to his credit, turned his back on the girl and told Jared all about the gold medal game.  Then he started asking Jared if he played and what position (he's a centre, like Crosby) and does he go to "the dirty places" (corners and front of the net).  They chatted for about ten minutes.  Made my kid feel like a million bucks.  As we were heading to the car deck at the end of the ferry trip we were at the top of the stairs, Crosby walked by and punched Jared in the arm and said "Catch you later man, keep your head up in the corners"(Jared is small for hockey)  

I was pretty impressed, I would have said "buzz off kid, I'm working this chick, you see?" and went back to paying attention to the girl. Been a Crosby fan ever since.

• Heart 3

I haven't flown in about 15 or so years, but I've met a fair number of famous people, working for Apple. I met, and sold Apple equipment to a number of the Red Wings team, over the years. Stevie Wonder was in our store about three years ago, several times. Sean Astin, Barry Sanders (used to come in regularly), MI Governor Granholm, a few Detroit Tigers, lots of local celebrities, and others who escape me at the moment.  The former Red Wings assistant coach, Brad McCrimmon, who was killed in a plane crash, along with most of his Russian hockey team, six years ago (wow; time flies), bought several Macs from me not long before the crash, and I spent several hours with him and his family, getting them up and running. Arlo Guthrie came in twice to buy Macs. 

33 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Here are some that I have flown..

Bob and Dolores Hope, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, Daryl Hannah, Steve Martin, George Carlin, Olivia Newton John, John Travolta, Randy Bachman, Neil Peart, Geddy Lee Weinrib, Alex Zivojinovich (Lifeson), Alan Thick, Kenny Rogers, David Foster, Sam Kinesson, Gerald Ford, Ronald Regan, Walter Mondale, Barbara Walters, Henry Kissinger, Gordon Lightfoot, Frank Borman, several Royal family members, lots of Lords and Knights and sport guys. 

Thats all I can remember right now..  

I did say he would get around to this thread eventually.  ;)

42 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Here are some that I have flown..

Bob and Dolores Hope, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, Daryl Hannah, Steve Martin, George Carlin, Olivia Newton John, John Travolta, Randy Bachman, Neil Peart, Geddy Lee Weinrib, Alex Zivojinovich (Lifeson), Alan Thick, Kenny Rogers, David Foster, Sam Kinesson, Gerald Ford, Ronald Regan, Walter Mondale, Barbara Walters, Henry Kissinger, Gordon Lightfoot, Frank Borman, several Royal family members, lots of Lords and Knights and sport guys. 

Thats all I can remember right now..  

~And Wilbur drops the mic and walks off stage~

• Heart 2

Bart Starr on a couple flights into BHM

Reggie Jackson was on the pay phone next to me at LAX. 

Jim Brown at LAX

Otis Nixon (baseball) sat kitty-corner across the aisle on a DAL-AT

I sat next to this guy in FC, great convo.

The whole St.Louis B.B. Team was boarding a flight at the gate next to mine.  

Isiah Thomas (basketball) I didn't know who he was, a coworker pointed him out