After work...I went for a walk

petitepedal

Dennis, you are talking about different parks..there is a regional park not far away with the mountain bike trails..and there is the Mendota trail which runs along the bluff in pic 5..and that is a different regional trail..plus the corridor along the Mississippi is a National scenic park...Minnesota connects a lot of places via bike trails..but in general..they are different parks.

I'm pretty sure Pike Island is part of Fort Snelling State Park. The park also runs along the south side of the river until you hit the Minnesota River Valley Wildlife Refuge. The blue line starts behind Sibley House and runs west along the south side of the river. It crosses over at the Cedar/77 bridge. That is refuge land. At Sibley House you go through the tunnel and enter the park. I'm pretty sure it's signed Fort Snelling State Park. 

Fort%2BSnelling%2BState%2BPark.jpg

Pike Island is part of the Park...the Trail along the bluff is different..it is on the St. Paul side and not Ft. Snelling...and the Wild life Refuge isn't part of Ft. Snelling..but is very close..I have done the the dashed Blue trail many times (including on a 3 speed) and the Purple trail many times as well...it was part of a regular ride until the airport expanded :wacko: The Purple trail is all inside Ft Snelling state park....but it pretty much covers most of that park... Hey there are lots of trails there!! and it is a lovely spot...no arguing that :D

I guess I'm not clear enough. Look at the map. The blue line starts by Sibley House on the south side of the MN river. I'm not referring to the bluff trail, never mentioned it. On the map it's called the Mendota Trail. It is in Fort Snelling State Park.  You start there. It goes all the way to Bloomington Ferry. About one mile east of Cedar/77 bridge the state park ends and you enter the MN Valley National Wildlife Refuge. From there heading west you run into the Cedar/77 bridge and cross over to the north side of the river. The trail continues west to Lyndale ave boat launch parking lot. Go under 35W and keep heading west to Nine Mile Creek. You can cross Nine Mile creek using the raft or the downed tree. The trail continues west to Bloomington Ferry.  Eventually, there will be a paved trail connecting Shakopee to St. Paul. I've been riding these trails since the early 1990s. MORC created much of the trail network. They called it the MN River Bottoms trail now the MN River Trail.

This is the trail I'm referring to: 

https://www.morcmtb.org/trail/minnesota-river-trail/

• Heart 1

Sorry Dennis...I was thinking of the Lillydale Trail and the city/regional park near it..I wasn't thinking about Ft Snelling trail linking with the MN Valley Wildlife Refuge....so many trails...so little time..and So many parks and wildlife areas all along the river... I know about some of the MTN Bike stuff but it isn't what I ride...sorry..my goof..

We often did Summit Ave, thru downtown St. Paul, across the river pick up Lillydale cross the Mendota Bridge and ride thru Snelling up to Minnehaha and back on River Road...