Do you pay anything by check anymore?

petitepedal

:desk:  I do...not too many...but there are a couple of payments I want to control...So my Condo Ass (and they are)payment for October 1 mailed Sept 20 is AWOL...Now I have a $35 late fee (1/2 a pair of slippers) ...now USPS has been doing a piss poor job with the mail at work...so it could have been there (but my car payment made the same day cashed in IL on the 26th...) On the other hand...about 8 years ago, they screwed up a payment at the management company...so they could have my check in a drawer somewhere....I will pay my fine and now make the November and October payment (again) but...the Management company is so bright they would probably cash the "missing check" if it shows up...which would pretty much screw me ...Yay!!

Nothing by physical check that needs to be there or else.  I do all of those through the Bill Pay system at the bank I use, and those come out of my checking account.  For donations or local membership fees I use a check.  I just requested an ATM card so I would not have to cash a check at the bank, which I do regularly.   

A few of our delivery customers still pay with check, a few pay with cash, the rest pay with credit/debt cards. And when I started, I absolutely refused to take down credit card numbers because the lazy office girl refused running them when the order was first taken over the phone. They still dont understand why its a bad idea to walk around with customer's C/C numbers. :rolleyes:

I wrote a check to pay Natalie for the firewood she is bringing this morning. I mostly just use checks for people that don't take a card. I usually stop at the ATM and get cash to pay for massages but my therapist will take checks. I try to keep some cash on hand but usually not enough to pay for a full load of firewood.

WoScrapr pays the monthly bills. All by check. I tried interesting her in electronic pay. At the time )10 years ago) it was too "new" for her and she declined. At work all vendor payments are check as well as employee paychecks. 

We are the 1% as far as electronic bill pay

• Heart 1

39 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

WoScrapr pays the monthly bills. All by check. I tried interesting her in electronic pay. At the time )10 years ago) it was too "new" for her and she declined. At work all vendor payments are check as well as employee paychecks. 

We are the 1% as far as electronic bill pay

This.  WoKzoo pays the bills and except for those that demand auto payment (car and mortgage) she likes to pay with a check.  She is happy with that - I'm not messing that up.  I managed finances for my parents the last few years of their life and they had almost everything set up for electronic payment and they received all their income electronically (work pension, SS, and VA pension) .  At work all our vendor payments are with a check.  Most of our payroll is direct deposit (employee's choice)

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Had this electronic pay thing been the vogue back when Martina Navratilova walked into the US embassy in London and asked "pardon me but could you cache a czeck" she'd still be in the gulag.

You're on fire today.  You should try your hand at a few parodies before you tire out and have to grab a Ensure and take a nap.

• Heart 1