Aging: Need to eat abit more during bike rides

shootingstar

In my early 30's, I would think nothing of just drinking milk for breakfast and take off cycling for 30 km. before needing to stop to drink something and snack. 

Now, 2 decades later, it's seems after only 18-20 km. cycling with headwind of 35 km./hr., I'm famished and must stop to drink, snack on a sandwich. Before this ride nowadays, I would have also had a light breakfast of cornflakes, yogurt, milk and fruit. With tea on side. :huh:

I also have a stomach that seems to become programmed to eat at certain times..which isn't necessarily bad, just abit inconvenient at times.

And no with this greater frequency of eating while on bike rides, hasn't led to weight gain.  

30 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Now, 2 decades later, it's seems after only 18-20 km. cycling with headwind of 35 km./hr., I'm famished and must stop to drink, snack 

I'm just starting to jam it at 10 miles.  But then I never stop to eat or drink.  That's an on-bike activity.  A couple fig newtons every 20 miles is about right.

Today we went for a 45 km. ride which included walking in a conservation/park area, looking for birds.  It was approx. 10 degrees C with a start around 5 degrees  C in bright sunshine, clear skies. Light wind. Very beautiful autumn day.  I ate a little French pastry with water near start of ride..then while in park, 1/4 of my partner's pain au chocolat. By the end, near home, we stopped at another bakery,where I had Perrier water, shared a quiche slice with dearie and a light pumpkin cruffin pastry.  I was getting a bit famished. 

For supper, it's leftover pesto pasta with tomato from yesterday's Italian restaurant meal. Then hot homemade fruit compote made from plums, pears and peaches flavoured with ginger root and aniseed over yogurt.