Big things you would change if you could

Ralphie

Having to eat animules for sustenance, and to burn up all our fossil fules by driving everyfrickenwhere.  Oh yeah, and while we're at it, let's get rid of war and terrorism and senseless killing and work, too. :)

- signed, John Lennon Jr. :D

As far as what I can do if I don't like these things and want to change the world, I guess I could become a vegetarian and activist, but I a mostly concerned that it just is this way, the way of the wild.  I would have designed things differently. :whistle:  For instance, propulsion would be by non-polluting dilithium crystals.  And we'd have very tasty food pills (dogfood-like, I guess. )

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Tim Burr said:

I think our biggest problem (the elephant in the room no one ever addresses) is population.  We need less people on this planet.  Less population would solve a lot of problems.

It is amazing how we have adapted to what we have now.  And interesting that all the 19th century predictions of impending doom due to population explosion never really happened.

Unless maybe you count all the excess CO2 from cars, now that we have played Peter Frampton and shown China the way.

BTW, speaking of Frampton, where the flock is @AirwickWithCheese?

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

interesting that all the 19th century predictions of impending doom due to population explosion never really happened.

Global warming with all of it's enormous impact and massive starvation looming on the African continent as the population there explodes.  Just to name a few.

I wish I could make it so that politicians can't accept large donations from PAC's, unions, wealthy, etc. and no out-of-state donations for in-state-only elections and that political campaigning is restricted to within 6 months of an election so that the elected officials would not be so owned by an oligarchy.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I wish I could make it so that politicians can't accept large donations from PAC's, unions, wealthy, etc. and no out-of-state donations for in-state-only elections and that political campaigning is restricted to within 6 months of an election so that the elected officials would not be so owned by an oligarchy.

NJs gubernatorial election choices make me ill. 

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Yeah, like women don't care about men's looks.  :rolleyes:

Don't roll your eyes at me.  I think it is rude.

There is physical attraction.  I won't deny that.  However, how often do you see the gals here talk about rating men by their looks, like a number system?  How many Men's attractiveness pageants are there?  How often do we post sexual stuff about men and their looks?   Do we have a men in suits thread?  Do we have a men in speedos thread? 

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

There is physical attraction.  I won't deny that.  However, how often do you see the gals here talk about rating men by their looks, like a number system?  How many Men's attractiveness pageants are there?  How often do we post sexual stuff about men and their looks?   Do we have a men in suits thread?  Do we have a men in speedos thread? 

At my age they grade men on long they have to put up with us. :)  

7 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I suppose that world is simply an imaginary one then?

Not.

ChippendalesBody1.jpg

7 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I suppose that world is simply an imaginary one then?

Not.

ChippendalesBody1.jpg

Again, back to what I said:  

"There is physical attraction.  I won't deny that.  However, how often do you see the gals here talk about rating men by their looks, like a number systemHow many Men's attractiveness pageants are there?  How often do we post sexual stuff about men and their looks?   Do we have a men in suits thread?  Do we have a men in speedos thread?"

The girls around here don't post this kind of stuff.  Hope you had fun looking for a picture to make a point that it moot. 

I've never hired a stripper, nor gone to a male stripper venue.  As a matter of fact, I have never been to a Bachelorette party that involved a male stripper.  I think it is more rare than you might think.  

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Again, back to what I said:  

"There is physical attraction.  I won't deny that.  However, how often do you see the gals here talk about rating men by their looks, like a number systemHow many Men's attractiveness pageants are there?  How often do we post sexual stuff about men and their looks?   Do we have a men in suits thread?  Do we have a men in speedos thread?"

The girls around here don't post this kind of stuff.  Hope you had fun looking for a picture to make a point that it moot. 

I've never hired a stripper, nor gone to a male stripper venue.  As a matter of fact, I have never been to a Bachelorette party that involved a male stripper.  I think it is more rare than you might think.  

It wasn't that difficult.  Women in offices all over (I'm trusting womaxx's experience here) often make jokes about chippendales and others.  Perhaps you have led a sheltered life, but beefcake is probably just as popular as pinups.

There are Chippendale calendars, Chippendale coffee cups............worse, they are more acceptable in some offices than a playboy bunny coffee cup would be.

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

It wasn't that difficult.  Women in offices all over (I'm trusting womaxx's experience here) often make jokes about chippendales and others.  Perhaps you have led a sheltered life, but beefcake is probably just as popular as pinups.

There are Chippendale calendars, Chippendale coffee cups............worse, they are more acceptable in some offices than a playboy bunny coffee cup would be.

Can we just acknowledge that both are wrong? 

• Heart 1